𝟭𝟳 ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀Try Me

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
Try Me

★

͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀⠀ Fifteen minutes and a not-so-quick detour through her dorm room later, Sujin is storming back towards the main building with her tie now begrudgingly in hand

Immediately upon reaching the door of the Headmistress' office, she notices something different - it's slightly ajar.

That's weird... Her brows knit together in mild apprehension, She usually keeps it shut whenever she's inside...

Ignoring the feeling in her gut that's telling her to take this as a sign from the universe to bolt the other way, the girl edges closer and pushes on the cherry oak paneling.

"Hellooo? Anyone in here?"

Inside, Jake is humming an indistinct tune while he waits for the Headmistress to return. He's perched on the edge of her desk, a hand shoved into his front pocket as the other scrolls through nothing particularly interesting on his phone. He pockets the device as soon as he hears the door creak open.

"Oh." Sujin's tone instantly drops upon seeing him, "It's just you."

He quirks a brow, "Took you long enough."

"Sorry, Your Highness." She puffs out a breath of annoyance. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that she really isn't sorry at all. Quite the furthest from it, actually.

Jake shakes his head with a sigh. "You should put that on." He nods referentially at the tie in her left hand, eyes darting to the half-open door, "Headmistress Jeong is gonna be back any minute now."

"Uh huh." Sujin replies dryly, eyes scanning the room for a mirror. She sees one hanging on the wall just next to the bookshelf - small and framed in vintage gold - and situates herself in front of it. She also feels the need to clarify, "But not because you told me to."