𝟮𝟬 ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀Sweet Revenge

CHAPTER TWENTY
Sweet Revenge

★

͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀⠀ "Did you get the beef?"

"Yup."

"And you're sure it's a marbled cut?"

"Yes."

"Jay's gonna kill you if it's not marbled enough, you know."

"Yes, I know."

"What about the ssamjang?"

"Right here."

"The spring onions?"

"Check."

"And the rice?"

"Got it."

"Shit... Should we buy more?"

"Sora, we're not feeding an entire village!"

"Those boys could eat for an entire village!"

Sujin tosses another bag of black rice into the trolley with a huff.

So far, the two girls have spent a majority of their morning stumbling around the grocery store in search of last-minute ingredients for their Chuseok dinner. They were supposed to have reached the boys' boarding house by noon - but between Sujin's poor directional abilities and Sora's tendency to overthink every little decision, it's safe to say they're running way behind schedule.

Sujin eyes the digital clock hanging over the entrance of the shop. 12:55pm.

"Alright, screw this." She intercepts the trolley from Sora's grasp, just as the girl is about to spiral down yet another wormhole of indecision over what type of noodles to buy, "If they're not happy with what we've already got, they can suck it up. We've gotta go!"

"But-"

"We're an hour late already, Nishimura." Sujin tuts, pulling her along by the sleeve like a babysitter prying a tantruming child away from the candy aisle. The comparison amuses her to no end, but there's not quite enough time to stop and laugh about it right now.