𝟭𝟮 ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀Tough Crowd

CHAPTER TWELVE
Tough Crowd

★

͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀⠀ "You broke my nail, you animal!"

"Last time I checked, you were the one who broke it when you dug it into my fucking arm!"

"It was self defense!"

"Self defense?! Come on, Little Miss Perfect, give up the innocent act already!"

"Jake, are you hearing this right now?! This bitch is totally unhinged!"

Jake squeezes his eyes shut, breathing an exasperated sigh to the pavement.

This is quite literally the last place on Earth he wants to be right now. He'd expected his first day of school to be upbeat and full of post-summer reunions. Most definitely not doing damage control between two of the most infuriated women he's ever seen in his entire life. (And that includes his mother whenever he forgets to fold the laundry back at home, which is saying something.)

"Hellooo?" Chaeyoung waves a now partially manicured hand in front of his face, "Aren't you going to stand up for me?!"

"Sorry..." Jake mumbles, turning to Sujin with another sigh, "Look, you really shouldn't have pounced on her like that."

Chaeyoung lets out a satisfied huff, "See?"

"But -" He turns to the other girl now, "- You also shouldn't have retaliated."

"What?!" Chaeyoung gasps, pure offense painting her delicate features.

"I'm just saying, both of you shouldn't have kept going and-"

"You're taking her side on this?!"

"Wh-" Jake sputters, "I'm not taking anyone's side!"

"Well you should be taking mine!"