𝟬𝟲 ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀Eye of the Storm

CHAPTER SIX
Eye of the Storm

★

 ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀⠀If the quadrangle were to be described as the calm before the storm, the girls' boarding house is most certainly the eye of it

͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀⠀If the quadrangle were to be described as the calm before the storm, the girls' boarding house is most certainly the eye of it. Sujin is almost taken aback at the commotion buzzing around all five floors of the large building - girls running up and down the corridors searching for lost bags, reuniting in big bear hugs in between doorways, draped over every couch in the common areas exchanging summer break's juiciest shenanigans.

Jesus, she frowns, what's it take for a girl to be able to catch a break around here?

In the center of the chaos - the eye of the eye of the storm, if you will - is an oak reception desk with a particularly stuck-up-looking woman poised behind it. She looks to be around her late forties, with dark auburn hair chopped at her shoulders and a shade a touch too dark over her beakish lips. She watches over every girl that goes in and out of the main doors with a hawk-like gaze, quick to fire shrill scolds every so often to unlucky passers-by. Sujin squints from her position by the entrance to read the name plaque glinting atop the woman's desk: 'DORM MONITOR'.

The girl's shoulders drop in defeat. This is the person watching over her living area for the next six months? Just kill me already, she grumbles half-heartedly.

Practically dragging the soles of her sneakers along the polished hardwood flooring, Sujin slowly but surely makes her way toward the front desk. The woman's careful eye latches onto her and she scans through the pages of her clipboard as if her life depends on it.

"Han Sujin, correct?" She announces, straight-to-the-point before Sujin even has the time to blink.

Sujin only nods, too drained from her day to offer her a proper response.