𝟬𝟯 ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀Wait. What?

CHAPTER THREE
Wait. What?

★

 ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀⠀Tick, tick, tick

Four hours have passed since Sujin's exile to her father's study.

The girl has spent what feels like eternities sitting atop a leather chaise in the corner of the room with her knees drawn to her chest, eyes glued to the clock on the wall and mind running with all the possibilities of what her mother could have in store for her this time.

Last time she'd gotten this angry, Sujin was met with a month-long grounding. But knowing that she's already practically banned from seeing Heeseung again (to Juliette's knowledge, at least), that punishment again seems all too pointless.

No, Sujin decides. She'd caught a glimpse of it in her mother's eyes earlier this afternoon - this time was different. It truly felt like her last straw; a culmination of the last 17 years' worth of trouble crashing down on her at once. She has something unimaginable up her sleeve. A foreign feeling bubbles in the pit of her stomach and, for the first time in her life, Han Sujin fears what is to come.

What was that thing Heeseung mentioned about whippings, again? She thinks to herself. Knowing her, it's probably not out of the question... Even boarding school seems like it wouldn't be enough at this point - that woman would throw me behind bars if she could. Huh. Would the death penalty be too far fetched?

Before her overthinking mind is able to conjure up even more offbeat ideas of punishment, the door to the study swings open with a grand Whoosh!

Sujin snaps her head up to see her mother, now changed into a silken night robe, and her father, still dressed in office attire and clasping his briefcase with a shaky grip. They're being awfully quiet as they pad into the room, and that's how she knows it's going to be bad.

She gulps.

"We need to talk." Juliette shuts the door behind her with a click and for a split second, Sujin ponders the likelihood of the woman getting away with murder.