𝟬𝟰 ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀First Class Blues

CHAPTER FOUR
First Class Blues

★

 ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀⠀Juliette Han is many things, but a liar is certainly not one of them

And that's exactly the fact that's led Sujin to the present moment - forty thousand feet in the air, somewhere over the North Pacific between Los Angeles and Seoul.

Between home, and Hell.

She shifts uncomfortably in her seat. Her mother had at least taken the liberty of booking her a first class flight - of course she did - but still, the extra leg room and kind-of-better food did nothing to calm the nerves coursing through the girl's veins. Her heart rate only picks up as she dares to peek out of the window, only to be met with a view of blue expanse. No matter where she cranes her head, the ocean follows. Left, right, up, down... Blue. Blue. Blue.

Sujin squeezes her eyes shut. It's real, she thinks to herself, this is actually happening.

When she'd first boarded the plane some hours ago, there was still a part of her that hung desperately to the hope that this was all some kind of twisted nightmare. That she'd eventually wake up on the sunloungers next to Heeseung, and they would laugh it off with another gulp of his shitty liquor.

She can practically see that part of her being flung into the ocean now, along with any dreams of a half-decent senior year. The realization makes her sink even deeper into her seat.

'You can either spend the rest of your time here moping, or start packing your things and saying your goodbyes' - that's what her mother had left her with that cursed night. The night that changed everything. And Sujin's not one to lie - she'd definitely spent ninety percent of her remaining weeks in Los Angeles doing the former, locked away in her room and sulking at the ceiling atop an unmade bed.