𝟭𝟬 ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀No Pressure

CHAPTER TEN
No Pressure

★

͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀⠀ "Total piece of work

͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀⠀ "Total piece of work... Total piece of work?!"

It's safe to say Sujin's still very much annoyed by the conversation at the sushi restaurant, despite her numerous attempts to shake it off over dinner and a good night's sleep (read: eating inhumane amounts of tteokbokki in the cafeteria and crashing into a food coma before 9pm).

Sora eyes her roommate warily from her position at the foot of her bed. All night and morning, she's caught on to snippets of Sujin's frustrated murmurs. Not enough to figure out exactly what happened, but enough to know her lunch with Jay did not go down well.

She sighs, "Are you sure you're okay?"

Sujin merely humphs in reply.

The two girls had both woken up to the persistent ringing of Sora's alarm no less than half an hour ago. They'd dragged themselves out of bed and started getting ready for the day mostly in silence, the cool morning air only sliced through every so often with the sound of sheets rustling, makeup brushes clinking, and, of course, Sujin's bitching.

This is it. The first (actual) day of school.

Last night, Sora was kind enough to take her through a new-kid-survival-guide of sorts. The day would start with breakfast, then an introductory assembly in the auditorium at 8:30am sharp, and classes are set to commence by 9am. Just lay low, the older girl had advised, pay attention as best you can in classes, and you'll be fine.

Sujin's head begins to spin as she slips into her new uniform. Hearing about the tightly packed schedule was one thing; but feeling the crisp, foreign material against her skin is a whole other reminder that yes, this is really happening, and no, she can't spend any more days locked away from human contact.

"Ugh!" Sujin groans, "This is literally the ugliest thing ever!"

The uniform consists of four pieces: a plain white button-up, gray blazer, checkered maroon skirt, and a tie of the same hue. Despite Sora's tip of rolling the skirt up at the waistband to 'make it look less nun-ish' - her words, not Sujin's - she still feels like the clothing is suffocating her. It hugs her in all the wrong places, the dull red looks awful against her complexion, and the tie is just not cooperating.