4

Armando Dominguez

Armando Dominguez

I completely fucked up.

After Rosita got into a fight and was suspended for three days, she had to stay home for the entire day. Luckily, the neighbor was able to look after her while I was at school. But the neighbor had to leave as soon as my classes ended. And so I rushed back home to look after her.

But then I remembered that I had to meet up with Brian for our study session. And since Javier wasn't home and no one could look after her, I had to bring this little brat with me.

I just hope that Brian understands this.

"Armando! I want ice cream!" Rosita whined at me.

"Too bad!" I replied. She huffed and kicked her legs. "Go play with the other kids." I told her.

"No. Those kids are ugly!" She replied.

"Be nice, Rosita." I told her.

Brian's parent's car pulled into the parking lot of the park. He emerged from there and walked over to me with his backpack in hand. Brian quickly spotted my sister and gave me a confused look.

"I'm sorry I brought her! She got suspended and no one else could look after her. I hope it's fine!" I apologized to Brian.

"It's fine!" He chuckled. "No harm done!"

"Thank you for understanding!" I said.

"What's her name?" Brian asked.

"Her name is-"

"Rosita!" My sister replied for herself.

"Nice to meet you, Rosita." Brian said. He waved at her as she chuckled. "Did you bring your calculus homework?" He asked me as he sat down across from me and my sister.

"Yup." I pulled out my work and textbook. "I don't understand integrals. They're a bitch to understand."

"Armando! Your sister is right there!" Brian reprimanded me for cursing in front of her.

"She's heard worse. Right, Rosita?" I asked her.

"I'm bored!" She cried out.

"I've got just the thing." Brian said. He dug into his backpack and pulled out some white paper and crayons and handed them to her. "Here you go."

Rosita gasped as she quickly began coloring on the paper.

"You're a lifesaver." I thanked him.

"Let's solve these problems." Brian said. We began to work on the problems quickly. For some reason, Brian is able to explain things much better than my math teacher. I don't know if it's because my math teacher is boring and has a whistle voice or maybe Brian makes it more fun, but I began to understand what he was saying.