26

Brian Hazelwood

Brian Hazelwood

Summer had started and it was only a few weeks in when we realized that our plans were short. We’d only been able to come up with a few things to do, and we had done most of those things. It was only a few days before the 4th of July when Armando came to me with an idea.

“The lake.” He said. 

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“Mhm.” He said. “We can take our families. They have this amazing firework display. It’ll be fun!” 

There were no other plans, so we agreed. I talked to my parents and sister and they agreed. Which led to us packing our bags and leaving during the morning of the fourth. Armando insisted we get there early to find a good spot.

It was hot, I was sticky, and I just wanted to take a break. The spot Javier found for us was on the other side of the lake, away from where most people are. The location was on a large hill, which sloped downwards into the sand and then lake. 

A few other families were scattered around us, but it was less dense than the usual main beach. 

“Come on, Bumblebee!” Armando said, lifting me up in his arms and going down the slope.

“Wait!” I yelled. Armando carried me into the water. My foot touched the cold water and sent shivers around me. “It’s cold-!”

Armando lowered us into the water. There was a quick flash freeze around me until I got used to the cold. I smacked Armando’s back in retaliation. 

“Asshole.” I said to him.

“It’s fine.” He replied. We stopped and just stood in the water, swaying from the current. I took this moment to stare at his beautiful chest. My hand went onto his pec, feeling the light fur on them. 

“Can you grow it out?” I asked.

“Sure.” He replied. My hand trailed down to his abs then his happy trail. 

“You two! No fucking in the water!” Briana yelled. I moved my hand away and threw myself underwater to hide myself. I swam away until I almost ran out of breath. When I came up, I had only swam a few feet from Armando. He was just standing there with his arms crossed over his chest and staring at me. 

“You done?” He asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Whoops!” I muttered and swam back over to him. Javier slowly waddled deeper into the water, holding Rosita as she doggy-paddled in the water. 

“Whatchu staring at?” Armando asked me.

“I’m guessing that muscle genes go through your family, huh?” I asked.

“Are you checking out my brother?!” Armando asked. He put his hand over my eyes and guided me away. “You’re only supposed to look at me!”

“I wasn’t!” I chuckled, not knowing where he was taking me. Armando removed his hand from eyes. We were much farther away from everyone, near a tree that provided shade for us. Javi just gave his brother a blank expression while Armando looked triumphant.