7

Brian Hazelwood

Brian Hazelwood

Something feels off about Armando. I've noticed him staring at me more often. Back then, the glances we shared were coincidental. But now, no matter when I look at him, he's just staring at me.

As I sat in Armando's bed, I pulled one of his pillows and smelled it. It smells just like him. He wears one of the best colognes that just makes him feel like a man's man.

"Whatcha doing there?" A voice asked. I jumped and saw Javier, Armando's older brother, looking at me.

"N-Nothing! I swear!" I said, tossing the pillow behind me.

"Didn't seem like it was nothing. You were smelling his pillow, pervert!" He said.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! But please don't tell Armando! He can't know!" I pleaded.

"Woah! I may be a bitch but I'm not heartless." He said. I sighed in relief and calmed down. "I expected this sort of thing to happen."

"So, you're not going to tell Armando?" I asked.

"Not at all. Your secret's safe with me. But let me tell you something." He said. He stepped in and closed the door behind him and walked up towards me. He grabbed a chair and sat next to me.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Look, you're a good kid. You're smart and I'm sure you've gotten into some good universities by now. But if you're going to be attracted to anyone, don't let it be my brother."

"Excuse me?" I asked. Javier gave me an emphatic look.

"You know what I said. I'm sure there's other guys at school that are better choices than my brother. And they won't drag you down to his level." Javier said. I stared at him in disbelief.

Does he really think that low of his own brother?

The door opened and Armando walked in holding juice pouches and bags of chips in his arms. He looked at me then Javier.

"What's going on?! Why are you in my room?!" Armando asked, walking to the bed and throwing the things on the mattress.

"I was just asking Brian if he knew about the Boltzman Brain theory." Javier said.

"I'm sure he does. Leave him alone and go punch the wall or something." Armando said. Javier stood up and Armando pushed his back towards the door. Javier gave me a last glance until the door was shut in his face.

Armando returned to the bed and sat back. He handed me a juice pouch and he drank his.

"I hope he didn't bother you." He said.

"N-No. He didn't." I replied. I didn't want to tell him what his brother told me. I have a feeling that Armando is going to snap at his brother. He already doesn't have a mom and dad. I can't cause any more tension in this family.