8

Brian Hazelwood

Brian Hazelwood

Briana sat on my bed and played with my Squishmallows. 

“So, you’re gonna tell me about this new man of your’s?” She asked.

“First of all, he’s not my man. Second, yeah! I’ll tell you about him!” I said. I jumped on my bed and joined next to her. “He’s so fucking handsome! He had the most beautiful eyes and the most beautiful lips!” 

“He certainly sounds amazing. And how does he treat you?” She asked.

“He cares for me. At least, I think. But I’m sure he’s straight. Or, at least, I thought.” I muttered.

“How so?” She asked.

“I’ve caught him looking at me a lot recently. And he’s been more affectionate to me.” I whispered in her ear. 

“No way! He’s totally falling for you.”

“You think so?” I asked.

“Fo sho. I mean, you’re so adorable. Who wouldn’t fall in love with you.” She teased me and tickled my arm. 

“Shut up.” I chuckled and threw a pillow at her. 

“So what’s his name? Maybe I know him.” Briana said.

“Uh, Armando Dominguez.” I replied. 

Her face quickly turned sour and she frowned. Her eyebrows furrowed, something that she does only when something really pisses her off. It takes a lot to piss off my sister.

“As in, Javier Dominguez?” She asked.

“Yeah, that’s his older brother. Do you know him?” I asked.

“Of course I fucking know him! Everyone knows who Javier is!” She snapped and stood up. “Look, you need to stop liking Armando! He and his brother are bad news!” 

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“Surely you’ve noticed that Armando hangs out with the wrong people. Well, so did his brother. He caused mayhem at school. He was two years older than me, but even I knew who he was.”

“What did he do?” I asked.

“He was always in a fight. Everyday. He also dealt drugs while at school and tried to sell me some one time. Just stick to tutoring that guy and once you’re done, cut all contact with him!” She told me. 

“I’m not gonna do that, Bri.” I muttered. 

“Don’t tell me you’re blinded by love? He’s a fucking gang banger! I know it. Mom and dad know it! The whole school knows it! But you seem to cling to this fantasy that he’s going to change just for you!” She almost shouted.

“You don’t know him like I do! He’s a nice guy who just happens to hang out with the wrong people!” I shouted back. 

“I know as much as I need to! And I know that he’s bad news! Keep hanging out with him and you'll go down the same path as him.” She said. I stared at her in anger. “I’m just warning you, Brian.”