Page 1

Jay woke up in a state of panic due to the abrupt noise of pounding on the wall. It must be the neighbour, he thought. He threw his head back, aggravatedly, feeling anger boil inside him.

He had just arrived to his newly-renewed apartment, his head was throbbing because of the long-distance drive. All he wanted to do was flop of his bed and sleep for hours before furnishing his new flat.

His plan was ruined because of his annoying ass neighbour who decided to ruin the entire day for him. Jay being the introvert he was, he was hesitant about reminding the neighbour about himself. He heard that the current flat he is living in had been empty for months— apparently because of some ghost-shit taking place here— but he didn't care. He'd never felt terror upon the thoughts of ghost or anything paranormal because he'd never been a spiritual type of guy.

He groaned and sat up on his bed, sighing frustratedly. He was about to stand up and confront his neighbour until he heard a loud moan from the other side of the wall. He halted in his steps, and felt the disgust rising all over his body. His stomach churned upon the noise— and if it couldn't get any worse, there was another moan and a loud thud on the other side of the wall— it kept of getting louder, and louder to the point where his walls were shaking.

He was embarrassed to say the least. Even though he wasn't involved in watever was going on the next door, he felt ashamed upon the thought of hearing those sinful moans echo through the walls. He didn't wanna imagine the scene, but the videos he used to watch played like a movie clip inside of his head.

The cardboard boxes were scattered around the apartment, ready to be unpacked– but instead he left the boxes there and gathered all the courage he had to knock on the neighbour's door.

He knocked on the grey door nervously the first time. It wasn't very loud— nor was it too hollow. It was more than enough for a person to hear. He huffed in aggravation, and knocked again, this time, a bit louder.

No response.

Although, the loud moaning had stopped, and there was silence inside the narrow hallway. He wasn't sure if the other neighbors could hear the moans— and if it was a normal occurence. But he ignored the thought, and was about to walk away in disappointment, but froze when he heard a slight click of the door— followed by a loud creak of the door.

Jay turned around in fear, and stared at the darkness inside the room. But the sudden presence of a man appeared from the void darkness. There stood a tall boy with fair skin and sharp face outlines. Jay wasn't going to lie, the boy was indeed really attractive— probably the finest man he had ever laid his eyes upon– but he shook the thought away and cleared his thoat.

The guy stood there, watching in confusion. "You need somethin'?" His voice was raspy, probably because of what he was doing inside. His eyes were piercing holes inside of Jay's body, so he hesitantly walked near the door and plastered his fakest smile to hide his fear. 'He looks intimidating.'

"Uh— yes. I'm your new neighbour, it's nice to meet you— but uh, could you tone it down please, I'm having a hard time sleeping." He chuckled to ease the awkward tension between the males. "No. Just wear earbuds or whatever to sleep." The male was about to slam the door, but Jay held the door, stopping him from doing so. The other cocked his brow in perplextion and stared at the shorter boy.

"Please. It's fucking 3 at night right now. I really need to sleep. Could you... can you just keep it down.." He spoke up after removing his hand from the door. The guy sighed, and was about to say something, but another voice– a female's voice echoed inside the house.

"Hoonie baby, is there someone here?" The voice was inching closer, so jay immediately backed away in fear of seeing something he shouldn't see. But fortunately, the girl was wearing a knee-length baggy shirt. She wrapped her arms around 'Hoonie's' waist and peered at Jay.

'You have got to be kidding me right now.' he sighed and slightly bowed to show respect. "Hi. I'm the new neighbour, and I was hoping you'd keep it down... please?"

She smiled softly, and nodded. "Sorry about that. We didn't know someone moved here." Jay stole a glance at Sunghoon, who was still staring at him not peeling his gaze away ever since he had opened the door. His eyes shifted back to the female and he simply smiled and waved a small goodbye before pacing away from the awkward situation.

When he stepped inside his flat, he leaned on the door and closed his eyes, heaving slowly. He really wanted to start fresh, and forget everything about the past. He knew it was impossible forget the everlasting memories, but he didn't want to think about it and live his life without anymore regrets.

He wanted to get a girlfriend, have 2 children and live happily after discarding the past. But his current situation was not the best either. It was really hard to find cheap flats near the area he used to live with his family and friends, and after graduating from college, he wanted to be alone and work on his occupation and have stable wealth til he grows old.

But you see, in life, things don't always go as planned. There's always going to be some twists and turns— some repeating events, and some new, unexpected circumstances will occur, but he wasn't too worried about tat now. He worried about what tomorrow would be like.

He always worried about tomorrow, but never focused on today. He was scared because he couldn't predict what tomorrow would be like— always finding his thoughts being pulled by the possibility of the future, but never the present.

He plopped himself on the soft mattress and stared at the whiplash- creamed ceiling for a while, slowly drifting off to sleep. The other side of the wall was quiet, and just like that he was awoken by the loud noise of his alarm blaring.

It felt as if he closed his eyes for a second, but he was pulled out of his pool of thoughts when he looked at the sun gleaming from the transparent window; it was morning. Also, it was his first day of work.

He applied for the secretary position, and was hoping to get accepted— but unfortunately his offer was declined— but he was somehow accepted, apparently because the last secretary was fired after a week. He wondered if the CEO was 'a big jerk' everyone had mentioned. For Jongseong though, he didn't let the rumors affect his mindset and accepted the job wholeheartedly. The Park Enterprises was a well-known branch among other business— ranking 8th on the most preeminent companies to exist in The Republic of Korea. That increased his chances of being paid enough and having a somewhat recognizable reputation, not that he wanted to flex or anything.

After laying on the soft mattress for a while, pondering over life, Jay stood up and got ready for his first day of work, not knowing what was waiting ahead for him.