Page 23

Taehyun's voice had gradually started to fade into a thin whisper as Jay's head throbbed. Soju would've been better, he thought. His eyes peered over to the male beside him, who most obviously seemed a little worried for the drunken dude. He felt his vision blurring, and a tight burning sensation crawled all over his cheekbones— a peculiar feeling that sent him shivering even though he was sweating drearily.

"Jay! You're gonna hit your head!" Taehyun gasped, placing his palm on Jay's forehead to avoid a bruise as the guy whammed his head on the countertop. Taehyun could only sigh, afterall, he was the one who got him into this mess. Well, sorta.

His eyes roamed around the bar, noticing there were more people approaching to go get drinks or simply relax. But then all of a sudden, a hand jerked him out of his thoughts, and he looked back to see Sunghoon standing over, looking a little intimidating. A few heads turned to gawk at the situation, but nobody really cared.

"Sunghoon hyung, what happened?" Taehyun asked, as the hand on his shoulder slipped away. Sunghoon ignored him and walked over to Jay, glancing at Taehyun. "How much did he drink?" He asked, taking a seat beside Jay. Taehyun shrugged, glancing down at the sleeping figure. "Hmm, maybe 2-3 glasses."

"He has low alcohol tolerance," Sunghoon said with a chuckle. "Too bad he got drunk, I was planning to burden him with the office work." Taehyun rolled his eyes playfully. "Sunghoon-ah! You threw this party, let the man have some in a while." Taehyun ruffled Jay's hair, as the latter mumbled under his breath. "Besides, he's always sticking beside you. You both are like two peas in a pod."

"Shut up," Sunghoon said but then looked down at Jay. "He's pretty obedient, I gotta say." To which Taehyun chuckled, clasping his hands together. "Isn't that what you wanted?" Sunghoon nodded, then called over the bartender after he was done serving a girl.

"A peach margarita." He ordered, as the bartender started preparing the drink. They both drowned in silence as Jay was snoring on the counter, his glasses falling off his nose bridge. Sunghoon noticed that and a small smile cracked on the ends of his lips. His slim finger reached down to the brim on the glasses, as he pulled it down gently, and removed the glasses. The smile then twisted into a smirk as he watched Jay snore peacefully.

"You look creepy." He heard Taehyun say, as his expression dead-panned. "Shut up. You were the one obviously flirting with him, even though I had made a regulation of NO OFFICE ROMANCE!." The younger scoffed, reaching out to smack Sunghoon on the head. "You initiated this rule, only to be the first one to break it. I've seen you drool over Jay, don't act oblivious, you dumbass." Sunghoon was astonished– speechless as he watched a teasing smirk grow on Taehyun's face. "You got it wrong! When do I ever flirt with Jay— he's my fucking secretary—"

"Here's your order, sir." His words were cut off due to the bartender serving his drink, placing it accordingly in front of him. Sunghoon was a little embarrassed, so he hastily grabbed the glass and drank. He could hear Taehyun snickering beside him, so he exhaled exasperatedly.

"Sunghoon-ah. Don't worry, I don't have a thing for Jay." Taehyun spoke, catching Sunghoon's attention. "I've been liking someone else for years now, but it's unrequited, sadly." The latter looked disappointed, the once playful demeanor drowning, and the droops of sadness had evaded his heart. Sunghoon watched as Taehyun chugged down the drink. "Haven't you tried coffessing? You never know, they might end up liking you."

"I did. Well, unintentionally, to be honest, but he only thinks of me as a brother. Nothing more, nothing less." Taehyun chuckled bitterly. "But over that! You should probably move this idiot to a room before he throws up here. Look!" Taehyun pointed at Jay as the guy felt his guts ripping out of his mouth.