Page 10

"Here you go, sir," Jay placed the tray of food on Sunghoon's desk, standing straight afterward. "Thank you," the other mumbled as he typed away on the black desktop.

"I have your schedule for today, and uh, it's a bit more packed compared to yesterday." Jay started off, by reading through the lists of documents and sorting them. "You have a meeting with Mr. Sim and Mr. Kang today, also, Be-Lift Corporations are hoping to collaborate with you regarding the previous results. Would you like me to shoot them an email?" He asked, raising his head and waiting for an answer from his boss.

"No, not yet. I still need more time to think about it, as it can ruin my plans for this company." Sunghoon spoke while glazing his fingers across the keyboard, not breaking his gaze away from the monitor. "Give me an approximate of two weeks, I'll confirm my choice then."

Jay hummed, typing the information– keeping a mental note to add it to the list later on. "I'll be going now, sir." Jay bowed swiftly, turning his heels to leave, but a voice stopped him from doing so.

"Stop right there. I have to print and scan these files, come along with me." he turned around and stared as the male in front of him pushed back his seat, and stood up– not forgetting to fix his tie and blazer before walking up to him. "Let's go." With that, Jay was handed a stack of files that he despised the most— and followed behind the older like a lost puppy, keeping his eyes on the pathway ahead of him. He stumbled on his feet a few times, but being accustomed to carrying the heavy load of files, he managed to make his way through the crowd without embarrassing him and finally reached the library.

He wanted to punch the older for not even trying to help him. Maybe if he was considerate enough to carry some files with him, but no. He wouldn't even look behind him, let alone help the poor boy.

"I need you to make at least 30 copies of these sheets— 12 copies of the analysis, and at least— 12 copies of the data sheets," Sunghoon said. "Also, get me the book from section 3, row 25, and aisle 18." Jay's face dropped; he was left stunned. 'What the fuck did he actually just say?! He cleared his throat, placing the files on the table as he made his way through the library, attempting to recall what the older had actually said. "Section...3...column— no row 25... and what aisle did he say?" He muttered under his breath, tracing light footsteps on the grey carpet. He scanned the shelves, reading the labels while trying to comprehend and remember everything he had said. 'Found it!' His lips curved into a thin, accomplished smile as he walked up to the 3rd section of the shelf, observing to find the rest.

He finally found the right section, but the only problem was that it was on the top shelf. "Well, fuck..." it slipped from the tip of his tongue upon the sight. "You have to be kidding me, right now." He breathed out a heavy sigh, pulling his sleeves as if it would be a greater advantage, tiptoeing to reach the book, but it was little to no avail. "Gosh..." He kept on trying over and over again, glancing around the quiet library to find a stool or a high surface where he could climb over and grab the book— but his efforts were destroyed. He reached up again and felt the tip of his finger lightly touch the corner of the book— but he still couldn't grab it. Just then, a hand reached behind him and grabbed the book from the shelf.

Jay gasped in surprise, turning around as his breath felt stuck inside his throat. Sunghoon was right in front of him, inches away as he held the book mid-way in the air. "S-sir?" He hated the fact that the only word his mouth voiced out came out as a stutter. "I gave you a job and you couldn't even do it right," Sunghoon spoke in his usual low voice— but at that moment, Jay found it attractive.

"Sorry..." He whispered, anxious because of the proximity between them. "Did you forget that we stool here for short people like you?" He asked, leaning closer— almost teasing him. "Wear boots next time." With that, the other turned away and walked to the table. Jay could finally breathe. The anxiety flushed away as he stood there, hands clutched together, processing everything that had just occurred. He was quite slow.