Page 6

Jay stood outside his apartment, fiddling with the keys in an attempt to lock the door. He was a very time-oriented guy, and would usually follow his usual routine since sudden changes can cause him to stress over the smallest things. As he was locking the door, the door beside him creaked open and Sunghoon stepped out of the house in his work attire. They both came to a halt, staring at each other awkwardly.

After that 2-second eye contact, Sunghoon cleared his throat, the ends of his lips dropping like they usually were. His resting face looked intimidating — especially with the dark eye bags lying under the lids. He locked the door, tracing light footsteps through the hallway, silhouette shrinking each step.

Jay shook it off, placing the keys inside his briefcase as he walked further behind the older, scrolling through his phone — doing nothing but scrolling down Instagram to avoid any further awkward interactions with his boss. Something he usually did when walking in a crowded area filled with the bustling hoard of people.

His mind wandered off to the night; when he saw Sunghoon half-naked, standing in front of his doorstep with a scowl on his face. He looked pissed — but somewhat sad. His eyes were filled with sorrow and anguish — droopy; heavy. Jay assumed it was because of the workload piling up on him as the CEO. While strolling through his main page, he stumbled upon a post from his friend that he hadn't seen in years.

'Suddenly?' Jay thought. He kept walking, scrolling through his Instagram profile, and noticed that his profile updated? Now, this was very peculiar as he had disappeared years ago with no trace, no messages, and no goodbyes. He just vanished, as if he was never there. But his account stayed the same — until now.

He was pulled away from his pool of thoughts when he felt his head collide with a broad surface. A small gasp escaped his lips as he glanced up, face heating because of this embarrassing situation. It felt like déjà vu. Sunghoon stood there, staring down at the other with his blank stare.

"Uh..." Jay muttered, backing away to leave some distance between them. "You... sir, do you need something?" He mumbled, voice barely slipping away from his tongue. 'For fuck's sake it's the second day at work and he's already given me a headache.' Jay mentally rolled his eyes, avoiding his eyes.

"Drive me." He commanded. Jay seriously couldn't believe it anymore. "What?" He questioned, staring at the other in confusion, but immediately regretted it since he remembered this dude was his boss, and not just some random hot dude. "Sir, w-why should I?" he didn't intend to sound rude or anything, but he was genuinely confused at the moment. Why would this rich ass motherfucker, who probably owns 25 cars — ask him— demand him to drive him like he's his bodyguard or something?

"You're my secretary." He simply stated, eyes not shifting from the shorter. Jay stood there, motionless, genuinely perplexed. "I am your Secretary, not your bodyguard."

"Do you wanna get fired?" Sunghoon cocked a brow, feeling amused at the sight of the younger, whose face dropped at the slip of words. "Remember what I told you yesterday, Jay-ssi? You will listen to me, and if you don't, you're fired. Simple." He uttered the bitter words, flowing like a poison out of his mouth.

"O-okay... follow me.." Jay sighed in defeat, walking ahead of the older, clutching onto his briefcase to ease his nervousness. This felt like he was being held at gunpoint or something. And he couldn't risk losing his temper right now— even if he would, he wouldn't dare say anything because that's just how he was. A coward. Afraid to spill his thoughts, worried about what others would think of him. He had a lot to say though, he just couldn't let it slip from the surface of his tongue.

Sunghoon followed behind, watching Jay's figure tremble slightly. His eyes never left the younger who discreetly opened the passenger door for him, looking away. After Sunghoon placed himself in the passenger seat with such grace, Jay walked over to the other side, getting ready to drive.