Page 8

Everyone stood outside of the restaurant, bidding goodbyes as they drove off. The night sky was filled with stars, a light breeze flowing along the tree branches, leaves rustling under the moonlight. Heeseung exhaled a heavy sigh, throwing his head back.

"Ah.. I had a good time today..." he mumbled, throwing his arm around Jay's shoulder. "Thanks for actually showing up, Sunghoon. You always look like a dead man with that lame facial expression on your face all the time." Sunghoon scoffed in response, rolling his eyes and walking ahead of them.

"Sunghoon-ah!! Wait for me!!" Heeseung yelled, withdrawing his grasp from Jay and running after the grumpy boy. Jay was now left alone with Areum.

"Jay-ssi? Did you enjoy the small gathering today?" Areum asked, fixing her purple bag around her shoulder. "It must've been kinda overwhelming for you. You know— new people, new environment, and a weird boss." She said with a chuckle, Jay laughing along, though it was more awkward than genuine. They walked and conversed for a bit before they had to bid goodbyes as Areum needed to go home.

"Jay, I think she's interested in you," Heeseung spoke up after ruffling Sunghoon's hair, messing it up. Sunghoon froze. He listened in to everything while leaning on Heeseung's car. "It's so obvious, actually." He added.

"Ah, really?" Jay muttered, voice phasing into a thin whisper. "I.. I don't think I feel the same way for her though— and honestly, I don't even know how relationships work."

"That's alright. Maybe you should get to know her, cuz she definitely seems nice." Heeseung spoke, walking up to the shorter. "She's also one of the best employees here. Smart, pretty, talented, and is a very high-achiever." Jay simply nodded, not feeling any sparks between them. He muttered okay, eyes darting to Sunghoon who stared at him— glared at him, hiding his face under the black hoodie. He gulped and followed heeseung who was getting ready to leave as well.

"Well, I'm gonna go now! Thanks for joining us Jay. Sunghoon would've never attended dinner if it wasn't for you." Heeseung ruffled Jay's hair, walking back to his car– but stopping mid-way. "Wait, who's driving Sunghoon?" he asked, turning back and staring at Sunghoon in confusion. "This rich kid won't take a bus for sure," he mumbled the sentence under his breath to irk the younger, which did happen.

"You wanna get fired?" Sunghoon shot back, eyes piercing daggers into heeseung. "Aw babe, did you forget that I don't work under you now?" Heeseung snickered when he saw the anger boil on Sunghoon's face. He loved teasing the younger. "Whatever," Sunghoon rolled his eyes.

'His eyes are gonna get stuck to the back of his head,' Jay thought and stifled a laugh, which didn't go unnoticed by the two males. "You laughing? Jay are you seriously gonna laugh at me?!" heeseung threw his hands in the air in exasperation, scoffing playfully. All of them had forgotten about Sunghoon's situation for a few seconds, till Heeseung recalled it once again.

"So, what're we doing about you, Sunghoon? You wanna call a cab?" Heeseung asked, pulling his phone out of his pocket. "No," Sunghoon replied back, and Heeseung faced him in perplexion. "You wanna walk back home then? Cuz if that makes you happ—"

"I'll drop him off..." Jay mumbled, scratching his nape. "You... sure? You know where he lives?" heeseung asked, gaze shifting between the two males.

"Just go home, Heeseung," Sunghoon spoke in a raspy voice. "Okay, geez... thanks, by the way, Jay, for dealing with this nutjob." Heeseung flashed a smirk before situating himself in the driver's seat and driving off.

'Welp, this is awkward.' Jay thought, shivering lightly. "Uh, sir... let me drop you off..." Jay muttered under his breath. "I know, you already said that. C'mon." Sunghoon replied in a flat tone, walking to Jay's car.

____

"Thanks for the ride," Sunghoon stated with a completely serious face, stepping inside his house and shutting the door on Jay's face. 'Well that was very kind of him,' Jay mentally rolled his eyes, trudging to his apartment. Today had been a very weird day— no these first few days were very weird and disturbing, but Jay hoped for better. Maybe things will get better.

A month later

Jay returned home from another exhausting day at work, his body wearily trudged to the mattress and he flopped on his bed, eyes boring into the wooden headboard. The voice of a notification resonated through his phone screen, pulling him out of his dazed consciousness. He sighed, lifting his head off the soft pillow, hair falling on his forehead.

It was a reminder that he saved through the day, in the morning, specifically. He had overdue work that he needed to finish, just some files he saved and were to be configured. He heaved a low sigh under his breath and prepared to pull an all-nighter— receiving only 2 hours of sleep, at least.

He took a 5-minute shower, brewed some coffee– the strong one– and changed into something comfortable; his black tank top with knee-shorts.

He opened the laptop, flicking through the apps, reading— re-reading the articles, and researching the analytics. It was stressful. Jay was accustomed to it, though. He would spend nights working on most of his work since the silence and seclusion bought him peace and comfort, being alone helped him focus properly. He started working on the documentation around 11 and had spent 2-3 hours reading and organizing the documents.

His eyes were droopy as he scanned through the words, taking small sips from the black cup of coffee from time to time. The hand clock beside him silently ticked, minutes passing by in complete silence. Until a loud– and heavy thud erupted from the bedroom wall. Jay's attention was averted from the lines of script as he glanced at the wall, already knowing the source of the voice.

'Park fucking Sunghoon.'

He released a begrudged sigh, leaning down on the chair and throwing his head back. He was so focused on reading and understanding the topic that he had forgotten about the other. 'He's probably drunk tonight,' Jay thought. It had been almost a routine; Sunghoon would get drunk every Thursday night and do something stupid, Jay being used to all his shenanigans. Today was Thursday, meaning the older probably drank once again and is up to no good. But that was none of Jay's business. After all, he promised not to interfere with the park at all, as it would bring him no good. Sunghoon would crawl through skin at times, and it wasn't even funny.

He remembered once the older had decided to confront him during a meeting where he was exhausted and wanted to catch a blink of sleep, but that park fucking Sunghoon called his name in front of everyone— and not just his name. His entire name. He stated his name so profoundly, with such confidence that it irked him so much. He remembered how the entire room turned to look at him with such disappointment. That was very shameful and humiliating.

There was also this other time when Jay was ordered to carry various files and while walking he accidentally bumped into someone— that someone being none other than Park fucking Sunghoon, who made his skin crawl from irritation at that moment. The problem though, was the fact that Jay tripped as the files in his grasp slipped away falling on the grey carpet– and well Jay was basically hugging Sunghoon; hands placed on his shoulder, faces inches apart. Everyone stopped— literally everyone– stopped and stared. Jay thought Sunghoon would be nice enough to help him clean the files and kindly back away from his grip. But no. That motherfucker pushed him on the floor and strutted away like women in Miss America. Thank god Heeseung decided to show up and save the younger from embarrassment.

From then on, he knew he couldn't trust his pretty face anymore, since it was nothing but visually appealing, unlike his personality which was the epitome of a 'brat.'

He looked back at the clock and was about to close his laptop— until he heard a low growl followed by a loud moan. "Well, fuck." Jay muttered, anger building up inside of him. 'I swear the fucking god, I wanna kill this bitch he just never lets me catch a break.' Jay gritted his teeth, eyes bloodshot due to the lack of sleep. There it was again: another moan, much more louder. Another thud— and it kept going.

"They're really going hard at it, huh." He mumbled through his gritted teeth, eyes falling tight shut in irritation. "Fuck this asshole... seriously..." The night fell into shambles— basically Sunghoon and whoever he was fucking just going at it. 

I'm back from under the grave for a while :)