Page 16

The sun basked through the window, reflecting over the transparent surfaces. Jay groaned, covering his eyes with arms to prevent the light from blinding his eyes early in the morning. He had fallen asleep last night due to the hectic day– and taking care of Sunghoon. He opened his eyes, the glimmering hue of the sun blazing through his gaze and gasped upon the sight.

"You're finally up?" There stood Sunghoon, arms folded above his chest as he stared down at the younger. "As my secretary, you should follow a regulated schedule. I am disappointed." He stated plainly, gaze flickering over the younger's features. Jay was flustered, his shirt riding halfway up his torso, his hair puffy and disheveled. He sat up immediately, startling Sunghoon, who flinched lightly and stepped back.

"I- I am very sorry, sir..." He apologized like it was truly his fault, and Sunghoon just scoffed. Jay bowed several times, attempting to fix his crinkled shirt and flying hair. Sunghoon stared at him, watching his every move. He was so endearing, it felt weird. He sighed, grabbing Jay's hands and stopped him.

"It's okay Jay, you don't have to be so flustered. Calm down, I won't do anything." Sunghoon stated with a reassuring smile, removing his grasp. His tough demeanor, now replaced with fondness as he helped himself together. "Right, sorry." Jay apologized again, and the latter just smiled lightly.

They stood there for a while, easing through the thin silence. "Ahem," Sunghoon cleared his throat, grabbing Jay's attention, "are you not gonna get ready?" He asked, stepping back and situating himself on the couch behind Jay. "Right, sir, wait here—or I can drop you off, if you'd like," the younger asked, folding his arms in front of his waist, keeping a safe distance between each other. "No need, I can stay here and wait for you." Sunghoon simply replied, pulling his cellphone out, leaving Jay to swarm through his thoughts.

Is he not going to mention last night, how he barged in my house, and took over my bed? He thought and stepped inside his bedroom. To his astonishment, the room was tidy, not a single speck of dust was lingering through the wooden chalks constructed inside the room (in which he never bothered to clean) and the bed was made perfectly, as if a butler had showed up to his house, and gave a new makeover. Jay swiftly turned back on his heels, peering outside in the living room, only to see Sunghoon just sitting there and maybe zoning out. He wasn't sure though. He carefully closed the door, and plopped himself on the bed, running a hand through his hair.

Then, he realized something: His freaking boss was here! In his house! Although it may not sound like such a big deal--- since he was drunk and all, but his house was a complete mess—dishes were left, clothes scattered by the laundry and various plastic wrappers were rotting beside the trashcan. He groaned, slapping his forehead, inhaling lightly.

Everything is going to be alright, don't worry Jay. Just move along your day and don't think about it. He reminded himself, and got up to finally get ready.

"Done?" Sunghoon asked once he noticed the younger walking outside, phone clutched in one hand, keys dangling in the other. "Yes sir. Uh, did you have breakfast though?" Jay asked, placing his phone on the kitchen counter, making his way to the fridge to grab an apple. He turned back, and noticed Sunghoon's deep stare. He looked down at the apple, and then back up at Sunghoon, noticing the older was actually staring at him.

"No thank you, I don't eat in the mornings." Sunghoon stated, clearing his throat and turning his gaze away. "We can have breakfast if you want. That apple won't help you with anything," he added.

Jay's mouth was left hanging as the fridge hummed, the light emitting through it. "R-right." He said, not knowing whether he should be concerned or be careless. Afterall, he was just his boss. Nothing more, nothing less. He closed the fridge, taking a small bite out of the apple and scurried to place the phone back in his pocket before lightly smiling at Sunghoon and walking past him. The older followed behind, and Jay noticed his faltering aura—compared to before, in which he seemed confident and unfazed. Sunghoon stood behind Jay as he locked his door, the boy still wondering if Sunghoon would somehow mention the events from last night, or leave it as a fleeting memory. The walk was silent, just the light thudding of their footsteps against the concrete floor below.