Page 22

The party or the event had started, and around 7:30, most people had already arrived and were enjoying this one-in-a-billion opportunity presented. Jungwon was entranced by Riki and the guy left Jay alone to settle through his thoughts. Jay didn't mind that, though. He was holding a glass of what seemed to be "grape juice" said by the one and only Jungwon and downed the glass in one go. There wasn't a lot to drink in that glass.

He drank while glancing around the office, taking notice of Yeonjun bopping his head while dancing to the music. There was even a DJ who played some rock– metal music, sometimes switching to pop. Jay heard a few of his favorite remixes here and there, but he decided to lounge by the bar since it was vacant.

He checked the time on his clock and it was 7:54 p.m.. The guy sighed, dropping his head on his arm and resting it there for a few seconds. The loud music drowned through his ears and he thought of Sunghoon. Why was he thinking of Sunghoon? He thought. Would he consider Sunghoon as a friend? I mean– the things they have done together, such as crashing over and replacing those subordinating titles, would they even be considered friends? He sighed, sitting back up and resting his chin on his palm. He stared at the bartender once again, contemplating through his thoughts, looking pale as ever; drowsy as the night before. The coffee he downed this morning wasn't really helping.

"Why do you look so depressed?" He heard a familiar voice approaching him, and he turned around gasping. "Taehyun hyung!" There was a small smile plastered upon the older's face as he situated himself on the seat beside Jay. "You looked so lonely, sitting here alone. I thought, why not give you some company?"

Jay smiled lightly, looking at the bartender as he made drinks. "I was just resting here, since there's nothing for me to do," Jay responded. Taehyun nodded in acknowledgement, peering over at him. "I thought I'd see you with Sunghoon instead, but I guess not." Jay smiled, tilting his head to the side at the mention of Sunghoon's name. "What about you, hyung? What are you doing here?" Jay asked, staring at Taehyun's side profile. Man, he sure is attractive.

"Well, I was talking to a friend of mine— and they fuckin' ditched me to go with a girl, and now here I am," Taehyun said with a light chuckle. "And well, I saw you sitting here alone, and came over." Jay nodded and watched as Taehyun traced circles on the marble table staring up ahead of him. They drowned in silence for a minute.

"Have you seen Sunghoon's fiance?" Taehyun asked, catching the younger off-guard. "Fiance? They're engaged?" Taehyun nodded, calling over the bartender. He ordered a golden drink– Jay had no idea what the name was, but it looked kind of tempting.

He pushed the thought away and looked at the front. "I didn't know boss was engaged. I thought they were in a relationship."

Taehyun nodded, mumbling a 'thank you' under his breath, and took a light sip. "I thought that too at first, but considering the history behind us, I figured Sunghoon wouldn't go for a relationship." Taehyun said, taking another sip of the golden-drink. "Well, If I had to say so myself, I feel like he'd be more of a marriage guy than a relationship." Jay nodded, clutching his hands together. Taehyun looked over at him, leaning closer. "You don't wanna drink?" He asked randomly, voice phasing into a whisper. Jay turned to face him, a little surprised due to the distance but smiled anyway.

He cleared his throat. "I'm not such a big fan of alcohol. I prefer simple juices." Taehyun nodded, leaning back on his seat. "But I saw you drinking one a while ago," Jay could almost hear the smirk in Taehyun's voice and it made him flush.Where, when and how? He was pretty sure he had done a spectacular job and avoided contact with alcohol. He knew his alcohol tolerance was bad— shit he would become extremely tipsy after having 3 shots.

"Uh.. really? I-I thought it was grape juice; Jungwon had told me so." Taehyun laughed at Jay's perplexed pout and shook his head. "Out of all the people, you listened to Jungwon? I know he's your best friend, but I'm pretty sure that guy wanted you to try something new." Jay sighed, not even a little astonished. He felt the worry sink into the pits of his stomach; he really didn't want to embarrass himself.