Page 21

It was Tuesday and Jungwon had invited Jay over to his house in preparation for the party. Ever since Jungwon had moved back to Seoul, he rented out a one-bedroom, one-bathroom apartment– which was fairly small, but considering the current social status of the said boy, living in such a packed apartment didn't seem the absolute worst. Jay flopped on the mattress, watching Jungwon fix his hair in the full-body mirror.

"Jay hyung," he called out, turning around and staring at Jay. "Why do you think Sunghoon hyung hosted a party?" Jay leaned back on his arms, drawing a thin line upon his lips. "Well, it could be something because of his family, or maybe he just wants better for the company. Who knows?" To which Jungwon nodded, turning his head back around to grab the mascara from the dressing table, applying it carefully.

Jay sneered, watching Jungwon struggle. "Hyung~! You know I haven't done makeup in a while. Stop making fun of me." Jungwon whined, blushing lightly. He remembered back in their highschool days, Jay would come over to Jungwon's house and the younger would rant about his crushes and he would force Jay to wear makeup. Those were the good times; this scene bought a sense of nostalgia growing in the pits of Jay's stomach.

"Aye hyung, want me to do your makeup like the old times?" Jungwon wiggled his eyebrows, stepping in front of Jay with the eyeliner. Jay's eyes widened as he backed away, "No! Dude, I'm the Secretary, it's gonna be weird seeing me wearing makeup." Jay threw his arms in the air, flailing them, attempting to push Jungwon away. Jungwon smirked and leaned closer, smearing a small dot on Jay's cheek as a joke. He laughed as Jay scowled, wiping the mark away. "Fine, but I swear you'll catch everyone's attention if you dress up a little more." Jay rolled his eyes, wiping his hands on the bed sheet discreetly.

"I'm good. You know I don't like anything on my face. Makes me uncomfortable."

"Mhm..." Jungwon hummed, applying light lip tint. "And, done!" He squealed, turning around in front of Jay. "What do you think? Do I look pretty?" Jungwon batted his eyelashes, pointing at his face. Jay smiled, standing up and ruffling Jungwon's hair. "You know you look pretty, why even ask me in the first place," he walked out of Jungwon's room to get a glass of water– his throat had been dry ever since he arrived at Jungwon's place. Jungwon followed shortly after, fixing his hair.

Jungwon's fit:

Jay's fit:

"Hyung, are you sure you don't wear some eyeshadow or eyeliner?" Jungwon asked once again, in which Jay shook his head

"Hyung, are you sure you don't wear some eyeshadow or eyeliner?" Jungwon asked once again, in which Jay shook his head. "It'll be weird, Jungwon," Jay said after placing the glass back onto the counter. "Hyung, please~ you'll look so sexy!" Jay choked on his saliva, glaring at Jungwon. "No– Dude!" Jay frowned, but when he saw the pout on Jungwon's lips, he sighed, "Agh– fine! Good lord.." Jay sighed, walking up to the shorter as he smiled, running to the bedroom to grab the eyeliner. He closed his eyes as Jungwon removed his spectacles and felt a wet, cold line smear on his eyes. It was quiet for a minute or so, and Jay was starting to regret his decision. "Jungwon, I swear the god if you mess up–"

"Done!" the younger exclaimed. "Don't worry, hyung. You look sexy as fuck." Jay blushed, whacking the younger on his head. "Don't call me that again."

Jungwon chuckled and nodded. "Whatever you say."

______

Jay parked the car, and surprisingly, the atmosphere around the enormous office building seemed to have been better. He saw people entering while giggling, and some people were fixing their attires outside the office. Jay sighed, feeling a little nervous. Initially, his plan was to stick beside Sunghoon as his secretary, or look out for trouble in a way— but now, looking at Jungwon, his plans would most likely change.

They both stepped out of the car, the wind flowing past their hair, brushing them lightly. Fortunately, it wasn't cold– neither did it seem like it would rain. Jungwon quickly leaned down to check himself the last time in the side mirror of Jay's car.

"Gahh, I'm a little nervous.." Jay muttered under his breath, but Jungwon had seemed to catch on. He patted Jay's back, reassuring him, "don't worry hyung. You'll have fun." Jay smiled anxiously and they both made their way inside the building.

The first floor was crowded with people sitting by the cafeteria tables and chatting amongst each other, while Jay presumed that the second floor would be filled with the higher-ups, discussing whatever political, business-shit they discussed. In the corner of his eye, he noticed Heeseung talking to a girl, the co-manager in the sales team, giggling and everything.

"Your boss is flirting with someone again," Jay nudged Jungwon and pointed with his chi towards Heeseung's direction and Jungwon looked, sighing. "Not a big deal at this point. He flirts with literally everyone he sees." Jungwon said, "except me," he added at the end to which Jay tilted his head lightly in confusion as he stared down at the younger. "You want Heeseung hyung to flirt with you?" He asked, folding his arms. Jungwon coughed, looking away. "N-no... but a little bit." Jay scoffed, finding this amusing.

"I guess we'll be seeing some office romance soon," Jay mumbled and Jungwon slapped his arm. "As if! That man is into women." Jungwon retorted. They took a seat on one of the tables in the cafeteria and their chatter dissolved amongst the others.

Soon enough, Sunghoon had seemed to enter the building, and out of respect for the boss, everyone stood up bowing discreetly. Jay noticed Sunghoon looking a bit dull, once again.

Could he really be sick? He asked himself. He noticed him turning around, and conversing with someone, but what caught his attention the most was a woman— presumably in her 20's entering the door, hand-in-hand with Sunghoon. She was gorgeous. Hell— gorgeous wasn't even the word to describe her beauty. She looked like a goddess, and every guy inside the building gushed over her heavenly looks. She looked like a Disney princess.

Jungwon nudged Jay, whispering, "Is she his girlfriend?!" Jay looked down, feeling a bit disappointed. "Probably..."

"Dude, she's literally so gorgeous. They're a perfect match!" Jungwon looked more excited compared to Sunghoon, and the thought of that made Jay chuckle. "They do look good together," Jay worded out, gulping the tight knot in his throat.

Sunghoon held her arm sophisticatedly, smiling lightly at her. She looked up, a blush on her cheeks as she held his hand. Why does this look more like a scene from a wedding?

All of a sudden, Sunghoon's eyes landed on Jay, and the latter froze. What was he supposed to do? Smile? Look away? Approach the two? No, that seemed out of the ordinary. He decided to look away, unwary of the heat creeping on his cheeks.

Sunghoon on the other hand felt a little stinge in his heart when he saw Jay standing beside Jungwon, looking timid and anxious. He gulped when he noticed Jay looking away, feeling heat rise to his cheeks.

– Hey! Short chapter, but I just wanted to clarify one thing that I forgot to mention before, but this story– and well, their relationship is a slow-burn. So you won't be expecting a kiss and then boom! They're dating type-of-trope lol, instead there'll be some twists and turns (mostly them being stupid) along the storylines. So, it'll take a while for these fools to understand everything ^^