Page 3

Jay found himself situated on the opulent, gray couch inside the enormous office. The sunlight was gleaming from the transparent glass built around the walls. There stood Sunghoon, leaning on his office desk with a smirk. "Are you surprised, Jay-ssi?" He asked in a witty tone, fingers sliding on the corners of the table gracefully. "You've probably heard about the famous rumors— and I hope you are well aware of what your duty as my secretary will be." Jay fiddled with his fingers, eyes filled with the brim of anxiety. "Yes, I am well aware, sir. I will satisfy all your needs, and I will stay by your side. I'll prove myself— I am capable enough to handle the duties." He smiled to prove his reliability.

Sunghoon's lips curved into a sly smirk, as he stood straight, walking to the other. "You saw everything last night. Aren't you curious about anything?" He spoke while tracing hollow footsteps near the other– provoking him; he wanted to test him. "Jay-ssi, someone like you shouldn't be here. You seem anxious. You can't even meet my eyes." He stopped in front of him, leaning down and lifting Jay's chin up. He met eyes with him and stared at him with a hint of poise lacing through his voice.

Jay was flustered. The rumors finally came into account; they were right. Sunghoon was a bastard. He knew how to inflame others with anger, how to crush them with his laced tone— so calm but so affront. "Sir, my job is to carry out the tasks you expect me to complete. I have no interest in your personal life, whatsoever." Jay answered staunchly without breaking the locked eye contact. Sunghoon hummed, backing away from the other. "You have confidence." He voiced, turning on his heels. "Let's see how long that will last..." he mumbled, carrying his feet to his desk.

"From now on, you will listen to me, and do everything I assign you." He spoke after situating himself on the chair. Jay stood up, bowing discreetly. "Yes, sir." Jay knew he had to prove himself, he wanted to better– be more acknowledged than Sunghoon's previous secretaries. He'd do his best— he won't give up.

"Alright then. Your office desk is that one. I hope you know what I expect from you, is nothing but perfection." Jay swiftly bowed, clutching his chest to be at ease. He trudged to his office desk, observing it for a few seconds. It provided him with all the necessities needed to perform tasks. The only thing that irked him was the fact that his view would always be captured by Sunghoon. He felt his piercing glare run through his body.

'Let's do this.'

_________

Seemingly enough, Jay managed to finish the heavy workload in 5 hours. He surpassed most of the secretaries so far, which did bring a slight surprise to Sunghoon. He wasn't expecting this 'cute' guy— with a diffident personality to be able to pull it off.

The first time Sunghoon encountered Jay, he recognized him vividly. He couldn't believe it— his secretary lived right next to him. He shook the thought because he was confident about his beliefs. He knew Jay was weak, he seemed so. He didn't have that shine that Sunghoon was hoping for.

Oh, but he was so wrong.

Jay stretched his sore arms, peeling Sunghoon's attention away from him. He realized he'd been staring at him for too long, but the other was engrossed in typing away the documents. "Sir, I'm done. I've sent you the files, along with the translations and the hyperlinks-- the citations."

Sunghoon smirked and leaned back in his chair. "Well, you did a good job on your first task. Not bad, Jay-ssi." Sunghoon's overconfidence irked Jay so much— he never knew he could build such loathe for someone he had just met. 'God, I hate him already.' He could only smile to cover his detestation. "Thank you. I'll try harder to prove myself." He stood up to bow but halted due to the knock on the door.

Sunghoon sighed, resting back. "Come in." He hollered. The door opened slightly as Heeseung peeked inside the office. "Sunghoon-ah, let's have lunch. The girls are waiting for you." Heeseung entered the office, paying no attention to the other boy, who stood there— halfway in the process of bowing. His eyes traveled to the other side of the room, and he voiced a soft gasp. "Oh my god, I am so, so sorry, Jongseong. I didn't see you there." He threw a soft chuckle, walking up to the said male.

"You lasted for five hours. That right there, my friend, is a sign of success. You can do it!" He whispered inside his ears. Jay smiled in amusement and nodded. "Thanks," he mumbled after stepping back. Sunghoon stared at the interaction in perplexion and rolled his eyes.

"Okay then! The lunch is on me today. Buy whatever you like, Jongseong-ah." Heeseung added, "And Sunghoon, don't be a bitch today. The girls are excited to meet you." He sternly spoke, pointing a finger at Sunghoon, who glared at him with a dull expression. Sunghoon displayed a middle finger as Heeseung traced heavy footsteps, stepping out of the office with a sly smirk. As soon as the door slammed shut, Jay sighed, unaware of how long he held his breath in.

His thoughts were pulled away due to the loud creak of the chair. Sunghoon stood up, fixing his coat. His eyes darted to Jay, who stared at him for further instructions— if there were any. Sunghoon was about to fix his tie when his hand stopped at the collar.

"Jay, come here." He threw his hands by his side and leaned on the corner of the table. Jay obliged formally and walked up to the older (for those who don't know, Sunghoon is a year older in the story ^^)

"Fix my tie," Sunghoon spoke with a smirk, eyes glued on the shorter. "Yes, sir," Jay mumbled, stepping closer. He gulped to stay affront and gently traced the collars with his slender fingers. He started fixing the collar, fully aware of the intense gaze from the older; Sunghoon gazed down at the shorter with a spark of interest in his eyes, his gaze leaped all over his figure— stopping on his lips. Sunghoon couldn't deny his thoughts; the other was attractive, and the image of him wearing a tank top yesterday flicked inside his head. He wanted to run a hand through his broad shoulders -- hold his waist, which seemed so frail. He noticed Jay had an hourglass figure. 

Jay was done, and he breathed a heavy sigh as he backed away. Sunghoon was pulled out of the trance as he averted his gaze away from the other, eyes darting everywhere around the room. "Good job. You've exceeded others' so far. I'm impressed." He retorted with a slight hum and walked out of the room with Jay following behind him.

'He seems capable. I should give him a try.' 

 --- Btw, Jay was wearing this outfit for the first day of work: