Page 9

With no motivation to live anymore, Jay sat up on his bed and stared around the room. It was yet another day for work. He couldn't believe he actually lasted a month without getting fired; he was proud. Last night was insane— he got to no sleep. He was pretty sure Sunghoon didn't either, but he wouldn't mention that.

He did his morning routine— applied some concealer to hide his dark eye bags– but gave up after seeing no change. They were quite prominent.

Above all, today he was supposed to drive his boss to work, like every other day. Fortunately, Sunghoon raised his salary because he was now technically his bodyguard— driving him to work— and even dropping him off, every single day.

It would be awkward knowing what had happened last night, but Jay was used to it. He wouldn't talk too much nor express too much. When he stepped out of his apartment, his eyes fell on the door beside his, lingering over the door-knob. 'He's late?' He thought as he locked the door and decided to see if the other would step out.

Usually, even after those nights, he would find the older sometimes waiting for him outside– so today was odd. He didn't mind much, but it was taking longer than expected— minutes had passed. He didn't want to be late for work but Sunghoon held him behind.

'Did he already leave?' He pondered upon the thought and sauntered in front of Sunghoon's door, debating whether or not he should drive off. 'Is he testing me to see if I'd wait for him?' He shook his head upon the thought. 'No, that's too bizarre. How would that be my fault though?' He sighed and paced back and forth. 'What if he actually left me behind?' That seemed like a possible outcome, Jay thought.

"What're you doing, walking like a madman in front of my door?" He flinched, gasping in fear at the sight. Sunghoon stood at the door, arms crossed above his chest as he glared at the shorter in slight irritation. "Oh— you're here, Sir? I thought you left already.." Jay spoke, voice fading into a whisper. "Sorry for roaming around, but I was confused, sir." He said, swiftly bowing at the older.

"Whatever," Sunghoon replied, stepping inside his apartment. Jay lifted his head and stared at the interior from the crack of the door– but flinched again when Sunghoon walked back to the door and cocked a brow at the younger. "You gonna come in or stay there forever?" he spoke in a raspy, unfazed tone. "You— want me to enter your house?" Jay asked, pointing at himself in confusion– though the older had just said it. "Didn't you hear me? I invited you inside my house."

"O-oh, thank you, sir." He whispered out, cautiously stepping inside his flat. But he was surprised to see such a plain apartment; there was just a simple couch, a TV, and a coffee table. There was no such thing as decorations or frames inside the apartment. It was simply plain and boring. He shook the thought and stood awkwardly by the main door, debating whether or not he should sit or just stand there.

"Sit," Sunghoon commanded. 'Well, that was one way to say it.'

He recalled the events from last night, eyes darting around the flat in search of the bedroom to see if he'd see the other person from last night. He noticed the bedroom door was closed, so he assumed the other had left.

Sunghoon was in the kitchen, preparing breakfast since he was starving. He felt a little excited knowing Jay was inside his house, though of course, he didn't acknowledge it.

"Sir, we're running a little late." Jay hollered out from the living room. Sunghoon sighed, turning the stove off as he walked to the living room. "I know," he said while removing the apron and hanging it on the sofa rest. "But you forgot that I own the most shares in the company."

'No shit Sherlock, he's the fucking boss.' Jay mentally face-palmed himself. "Sorry," he mumbled. "Don't apologize," he replied with a thin smile.

"Well, I'll be taking a small shower. Just wait for me and we'll leave." He spoke while fixing his suit, which was laid smoothly on the armrest. "And stay here." He warned, finally walking to the bathroom. Jay heaved a relieved sigh that he'd been holding in for a while for god knows how long. He could smell something a burning stench from the kitchen, so his first instinct was to check the kitchen.