Page 4

The cafeteria was bustling, especially with female co-workers, who joined lunch just to flirt with Mr. Park. Jay sighed for the nth time, slumping down in his seat. He wanted to get lunch but was unable to walk through because of all the people.

"Hey, feelin' bored here?" His attention shifted from his thoughts to Heeseung, who placed a small lunchbox on the table. He sat beside the younger, a smile plastered on his lips. "I saw you struggling on your first day. You can have some of my lunch." Jay stared at the older, confused, but then realized that the older was simply doing a kind gesture and that he shouldn't overthink everything.

He nodded with a thin smile on his lips, although he wanted to thank him properly, he couldn't find the formal words— it has always been a problem for Jay; expressing his feelings— gratitude— solicitude— anything regarding displaying his emotions clearly. Heeseung returned the smile and handed him a pair of chopsticks, sharing the lunch box with him.

Sunghoon sighed, feeling aggravated because of the loud chattering noises all around him, echoing inside his ear. Though he was accustomed to the crowd and females gushing over him— he couldn't keep his eyes off the sight in front of him. He stared at Heeseung and Jay, who were sharing the same lunchbox, laughing together.

'They're pretty close already?' He weighed over the thought and diverted his attention to the slight tugging on his arm.

"Mr. Park, we're thinking about having a team dinner because of the sales promotion. Would you like to join us?" The girl mumbled, blinking cutely at him. It was obvious she was trying to gain his attention, so he simply plastered his insincere smile and shook his arm away. "I have things to do at home, I can't be there, sorry." The girl pouted, chewing on her rice.

"Ah, I'll call you Jay from now on. You should also drop the formalities." Heeseung spoke, placing the chopsticks on the table. "So, Jay, how're you liking your job so far? I know it's the first day— and you've only worked for 5 hours for that bastard, but still."

"Well... it's alright. I imagined it to be like that in the first place, so..." Jay muttered, fiddling with the food. "Oh! Did you find any attractive women?" Heeseung asked eagerly. Jay assumed Heeseung was the type to flirt around, guessing by his seductive tone. "I mean... some, yes... but I'm not the type to be in a relationship. I can't communicate well with others, so I don't think many will take interest in me." Jay chuckled, feeling embarrassed while talking about his romantic interests.

"Jay, you're not a bad dude. I don't tell this to everyone— not especially to that bastard," he said, pointing at Sunghoon, who was glaring at him with his eyes— ready to commit murder. "But, I am a good judge of character. And you, my friend, you seem amazing. I'm sure someone will like you." Jay's gaze unintentionally roamed around the table full of people till his eyes landed on Sunghoon. He noticed the latter kept his gaze locked onto him— sending shivers down his spine. He wanted to tear his gaze away but was hesitant. He gulped and gathered all the courage to break the tight gaze, sighing in relief.

"T-thanks for the lunch, Heeseung hyung— and well the words of advice." Heeseung hummed under his breath and packed the lunch box, securing it inside the bag. "Well, are you ready to work for 6 more hours, Jay?" He asked, clutching the bag. "Sunghoon's gonna tire your ass out. Be aware of that asshole. I went through hell when I first started working under him. You're lucky he hasn't done anything big yet. This first week is gonna be straight-up hell."

Jay smiled meekly, glancing down at his hands. "I'll try my best," he muttered. Sunghoon stared at him from across the table, and his eyes softened when he heard the younger mutter. He noticed Jay's voice was calm, soft, and could probably bring comfort to someone, so his lips slightly curved into a smile.