Chapter One: Another New Face

"Down," Jake called out. "Set."

He looked over at the player to his right and gave a quick nod. And that player gave him one back. The two looked away from each other and Jake called the play. His teammate snapped the ball back and Jake caught it before quickly stepping back.

He scanned the field looking for one of his teammates to be open then he found one. He made the quick pass to him as soon as he turned to look at Jake. His teammate caught the ball and the crowd cheered as they watched him run towards the end zone.

He juked out a couple of players on the defending team and as soon as he neared the end zone a player came rushing at him from the side. He jumped over that player as he tried to tackle him and landed right in the end zone.

The crowd roared louder than the guy on the PA and Jake rushed over to his teammate. The guy that made the touchdown took off his helmet once he got up and his teammates rushed over to him. They crowded around him, slapping his head and back before running to their coach.

"You always seem to surprise me, Seth," Jake spoke once he got to him.

Seth laughed and Jake did as well. He put his arm around Seth's neck and the two of them headed over to the rest of the team to go back inside the locker room.

When Jake and Seth got to Jake's house, Seth opened the door and Jake's mom was standing there on the other side.

"Did you win," she asked with a huge smile on her face.

"Of course," Jake exclaimed, dropping his equipment bag by the door.

His mom squealed before running to hug the two of them. Seth couldn't help but laugh at Jake's mom. She stopped hugging them and then explained the whole bet that she had with Tanner. She told them that Tanner had to give her fifty bucks if they won. The three of them all started laughing together.

"Did you lose," Tanner quickly spoke, rushing down the stairs.

"Nope," they all said in unison.

Tanner groaned and then walked over to them. He pulled his wallet out of his pocket and then handed his mom the money.

"Congratulations I guess," Tanner spoke. "But do you think you could blow one game for me?"

"Uh," Jake and Seth said, looking at each other.

"Say yes and you'll be sleeping outside," the mom spoke, flipping through the money.

"Sorry Tanner," Jake whispered and his mom chuckled.

She kissed Jake on the forehead and then walked away from them. As soon as she was gone Jake grabbed Seth's wrist and pulled him to the stairs. The two of them went upstairs to Jake's room while Tanner was left downstairs feeling broken.

Once they got into Jake's room, Seth sat down on the bed and stared at Jake. The two smiled once they met eyes while Jake walked over to him.

"So what should we do first," Jake whispered in Seth's ear.

"I only have one thought," Seth spoke.

Jake smirked then kissed his lips for a quick second before removing Seth's shirt. Their lips touched again, and then Seth removed Jake's shirt. Jake leaned over on Seth, wrapping his arms around Seth's waist and he wrapped his legs around Jake's waist. Jake nibbled around on Seth's neck and then rolled over so Seth was on top of him.

Jake woke up the next day in his bed alone. He rubbed his eyes before looking at the alarm clock on his dresser. It was only 8:30 but he got out of bed anyway. It was Saturday so he wondered why Seth got up so early.