Chapter Thirteen: Remember When...

Jake let out a groan while he turned over in Faith's bed. He watched as she slipped an oversized hoodie over her head then their eyes met.

"Good morning sleepyhead," Faith said with a chuckle.

Jake let out a small chuckle as well then sat up in the bed. "What time is it?" he asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Time for you to leave."

"Why would I leave?"

"Because this isn't your house," Faith replied, tossing Jake his clothes from yesterday.

Jake didn't bother to argue back as he began to tirelessly get dressed. He pulled his jeans on and then pulled his shirt over his head before he stood up.

"Faith, can we talk about what happened," Jake asked while the brown-headed female got a hold of the doorknob.

"What happened last night was fun," Faith said.

Jake stepped closer to her, looking down at the first person he fell for with sweet eyes. Her brown eyes met his black eyes in an intense moment. When Faith opened her bedroom door Jake looked up, out in the empty hallway.

"This reminds me of the first time we hooked up in your room," Jake said in a low tone. "We were sneaking around because you were afraid your parents weren't going to like me."

"Jake," Faith started in a whisper, not being able to listen to her ex bring up the past.

"Faith last night was nice," Jake said. "I really did miss-"

"That was closure," Faith said, cutting Jake off. "What happened last night... was closure." She repeated holding back the tears that began to build up inside her. "Something we both needed. Something." She paused, letting out a sigh. "I needed it."

"Faith," Jake spoke in a whisper.

"I'll see you at school, Jake."

Their eyes were locked onto one another but Faith looked down at the ground, breaking contact. Jake hesitated to step out of the room but once he did, Faith closed her door and Jake made his way to the front door without looking back.

Monday evening Jake and his group minus Shane- who was at UCLA- were talking about prom. It was an interesting topic for them considering all the drama they have all been through. But thankfully Gigi was able to fake a smile and bring some joy to the table.

"Prom is coming up," Gigi said with a smile. "But not just prom... Our senior prom!"

"Nope," Nikki said, shaking her head. "Pass."

"Yeahh," the rest of the group agreed in a dry tone.

"Oh come on guys it's our senior prom," Gigi whined.

"Last year's prom was ass," Chase stated.

"Sophomore prom was draining," Jake added.

"And freshmen prom was a ghost town," Chase said.

"Freshman was right after the pandemic," Gigi said.

"Whatever you say, babe," Chase smirked.

"What makes you think they'll go all out for the class of '23?" Faith asked.

"The staff loves us," Gigi said like that meant anything.

Everyone exchanged looks and glances before saying, "Pass," in unison.

"Fine, no school prom so how about I throw one? At my place?" Gigi said, clearly not wanting to give up.

"A Gigi Prescott prom?" Kylie questioned.