Chapter Fifteen: It's Time to Move On

"Is it just me or did graduation come fast?" Shane asked Jake while the two of them walked down the hallway of the school.

Jake chuckled. "It did come pretty fast," Jake replied, looking over at Shane. "I still remember our first day of sophomore year."

"You and Faith got caught making out in world history," Shane stated with a small laugh.

"And you and Kylie thought Kylie was pregnant," Jake added.

The best friends shared a laugh together, thinking about their past events. Jake let out a sigh. "Now here we are, about to graduate and head off to college."

"I'm still pissed you didn't get into UCLA," Shane said in a deadpan tone. "We could have made history together."

"We still can," Jake said, trying to cheer up his friend. "We'll make a name for ourselves at UCLA and Fresno State. Together or not we're still doing what we both love."

"Ehh," Shane dragged out. "Still would've been nice to have my QB right beside me."

"I'll still be beside you," Jake said, nudging Shane's arm. "On the other side of the line in our first face-off where I'll take the win."

"Woah. Woah. Woah Matthews," Shane said, tossing his hands up and stepping in front of his friend. "You sound confident for a team that isn't doing so hot in CFB."

"UCLA is really close to Fresno, Shane," Jake stated. "They just need the right QB to get them higher on the division board."

"Who's that QB going to be?" Shane teased Jake and couldn't help but grin.

Jake pushed Shane aside, unable to hold back his smile. "Let's hurry up and get graduated so I can kick your ass in Madden," Jake laughed then together they continued on to leave the school.

Kylie was sitting on Nikki's bed, waiting for her to come out of the bathroom. She already had on her dress that she was going to wear under her gown. "Nikki," she called out. "Hurry up. I don't want to be late."

"I don't know how I feel about this, Ky," Nikki called out on the other side of the door.

"Well you said you didn't want to wear the dress," Kylie stated. "So it's either that or-"

Kylie paused when Nikki began to open the door. She watched her sister begin to step out of the bathroom and that's when she stood up from the bed. Kylie looked at Nikki head to toe and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"Can we both agree a suit fits you way better?" Kylie asked.

"Was that a compliment or a question?" Nikki asked with a nervous smile.

"Both," Kylie said.

She held her hand out while wearing a warm smile. Nikki took her hand then together they both walked up to the body mirror. Kylie placed both her hands on NIkkis shoulders and her sister let out a breath.

"How do you think mom and dad are going to react?" Nikki asked, making eye contact with her sister in the mirror.

"Only one way to find out," Kylie said.

She walked back over to the bed to grab her phone while Nikki adjusted her suit in the mirror. "Come on," Kylie said, opening the door. "Don't want to keep them waiting."

Nikki took one last look at herself in the mirror before following her sister downstairs. Kylie led the way but stopped on the last step when she saw their parents standing near the front door with their eyes closed. Kylie looked back at Nikki and she could tell that she was nervous, so she took her hand before facing their parents again.