Chapter Four: Secrets, Secrets, Secrets

After the game, Jake and his friends all headed to Santino's bar. Jake, Seth, and Nikki all rode together with Nikki in the back seat of Jake's car. The ride was quiet even though they won the game but Nikki was able to stir up some small talk.

"You two aren't gonna wander off again, are you?" she asked with a small chuckle.

"No need," Seth spoke. "We already know everything about each other."

"Good," Nikki chuckled, feeling uncomfortable. "Because I don't want to track you two love birds down."

It got quiet again then Nikki sat back in her seat. She glanced at the both of them then sat up again.

"Okay did I miss something,″ she finally snapped.

"Nikki," Jake spoke but was immediately cut off.

"No. You two are acting super strange." She gasped then covered her mouth and spoke in a whisper. "Did you two break up?"

Seth quickly turned to face her. "What!? No."

"Ohmygosh. Okay thank God," she spoke with relief. "So then what's going on?"

"We're just tired, Nik," Jake spoke. "You know the stingrays are the best team we could go against."

"You're right," Nikki said, then Seth turned around. "But at least you guys won."

"Yeah," Seth spoke. "Barely."

The last ten minutes of the ride were quiet before they got to the bat. Jake parked beside Shane's car then once he turned it off they all got out and grouped up together.

Conversations buzzed within the groups as they headed inside. Chase and Shane spoke with the guy at the front and soon enough they were settled at their tables.

"Okay," Chase spoke, looking at the menu. "What are we thinking?"

"Chicken wings," everyone spoke effortlessly.

"With buf-"

"Buffalo sauce," they cut him off.

"Of course," Chase murmured, and then they all laughed together.

The group pushed their menus to the center of the table and waited for a waiter.

"So Seth," Shane spoke and everyone looked at him. "Do you know what college you're going to yet?"

Seth shook his head. "Not a clue." He looked at Jake. "Wherever you go I guess," Seth whispered.

The two shared a smile and then a small kiss before facing their friends again.

"Well the plan is UCLA," Shane said.

"Yup," Jake said. "Always been that dream."

"Okay but what if UCLA doesn't happen," Faith spoke. "What's plan B?"

"UCLA will happen, Faith," Shane stated. "Tell your girlfriend not to rain on our parade, T."

"I don't control what comes out of her mouth," Tony spoke. "She's her own person."

The group fell silent and finally, a female waitress took their order. Once she was done she took their menus. She smiled and walked away.

"Nikki," Gigi spoke, breaking the silence.

"Yes," Nikki spoke, looking at Gigi.

"Can I talk to you- alone por favor?"

"Sure."

The two girls stood up and then left the booth full of their friends. They both went to the restroom and the table fell silent again.

Once Gigi and Nikki got to the restroom, Gigi sat on the counter and Nikki leaned against the stall behind her. Gigi pulled her nicotine stick out of her bra and then took a hit.