Chapter Eight: Accepted or Rejected

Jake and Seth both sat on Jake's bed, staring at the unopened envelope from UCLA. They've been sitting there for what seemed like forever in silence.

"Hey," Seth spoke, finally breaking the silence. "I know that UCLA is always the dream but whether or not this is good there are other colleges. And if you and Shane aren't playing on the same team you two will always be friends."

The two looked at each other then shared a smile and hesitantly at first Jake finally tore open the envelope.

~Thirteen hours earlier~

Jake and his friends were all at the coffee shop. Besides Nikki and Stephanie who were out doing their own thing and Faith and Tony who were doing last-minute shopping for Kylie's birthday.

"Okay," Chase spoke while both he and Shane placed all their coffee cups on the table. "Got the drinks."

"Thank you," Jake and Seth spoke, grabbing their cups.

"Thanks," Kylie said, grabbing her cup.

Chase sat in his seat beside Gigi and Shane sat in his seat beside Kylie. They all got their cups and then took a sip before Seth spoke.

"So Shane," he spoke.

"So Seth," Shane spoke with a smirk.

"Why did you leave the group chat?"

Everyone looked at Shane waiting for him to answer.

"Well," he started. "I wanted to take a nap and you guys kept blowing up my phone and-"

"You know you could've put your phone on Do not disturb," Gigi stated.

"Yeah," Jake said. "One tap of a finger."

"I didn't even think of that," Shane said.

"So you're going to join back," Chase asked.

"Yeah," Shane spoke.

"I already invited you back into the group," Gigi spoke. "And Nikki invited Stephanie."

"Speaking of inviting Stephanie," Jake spoke. "Kylie." She looked at him. "Are you gonna invite her to your birthday party tomorrow?"

"Yeah," Kylie spoke. "I mean I kind of have to. Nikki already did."

Everyone chuckled.

"They got close fast," Gigi spoke in a deadpan tone before she took a sip of her coffee.

"Someone sounds jealous," Shane spoke with a smirk.

"Who!? Me?" She shook her head. "No. I'm not."

"It's okay to be jealous, Gigi," Jake said.

"Yeah. We all know Nikki is your best friend and you think that Stephanie is going to take her away from you," Kylie added.

"I'm not jealous!" Gigi finally snapped.

The shop fell silent as everyone turned to face the group. Gigi grabbed her cup then stood up and left the shop without saying anything else.

Meanwhile, Stephanie and Nikki were both hanging out at Nikki's house. They were busy frosting the cake while getting to know each other.

"So, Seth turned Jake gay," Stephanie asked, sounding surprised.

"Yup," Nikki said. "And Kylie and I knew they would get together all along."

Stephanie chuckled. "Now that's crazy."

Nikki nodded and then placed her empty frosting pipe bag on the counter. "Alright," she spoke, getting a hold of the bottom of the tray that the cake was sitting on. "I'll put this in the fridge."