Chapter Three: Faith's New Boyfriend

~Junior Year~

Lunch had just ended and Seth and Jake were walking around the hallway.

"An all-boys school huh," Jake spoke, looking at Seth.

"Weird right," Seth spoke, looking at Jake.

"A little," Jake said with a chuckle.

"Yeah," Seth snickered.

"Have you ever been to a boys and girls school before this one," Jake asked, looking away.

"When I was thirteen," Seth said.

"And when you turned fourteen," Jake asked, facing him again.

"Then I went to the all-boys school."

The two locked eyes for a while before looking away.

"I can't imagine how that must've felt," Jake spoke in a low tone.

"What do you mean," Seth asked, looking at him.

"Like," Jake started, facing Seth again. "At the age of thirteen, you don't really know what love is. So you probably haven't had a girlfriend before."

"Yeah," Seth said, looking away. "Something like that."

Jake laughed before asking what Seth meant with something-like-that.

"Like. I had a crush on this one girl and I think she had one on me too," Seth stated.

"Oh yeah," Jake spoke. "What was her name."

"Stephanie Romero," he replied, looking at Jake.

Her name rang in Jake's head and he felt sick to his stomach.

"Jake," Seth spoke. "Jake."

Once he felt Seth's hand on his arm he flashed back to reality. He looked around and saw that everyone was gone. He looked up at Seth and saw a smile on his face.

"I thought I lost you," Seth whispered. "We should get to class before the tardy bell rings."

Seth helped Jake to his feet and the two of them walked to the school building together. Seth was talking but none of the words that he was saying registered with Jake. All that he was thinking about was Stephanie.

Stephanie Romero. Not just someone that Seth knew but someone that he had a crush on. His first crush. And she was here.

"Alright I'm gonna head to class okay," Seth spoke and Jake looked at him.

"Okay," Jake said.

"See you in the third period," Seth said.

He kissed Jake on the cheek and then walked away from him. Jake watched him leave then the tardy bell finally rang. He rushed to open his locker to put his backpack in and take his textbook out. He closed his locker and then rushed to get to his first class.

"Stephanie Romero," he replied, looking at Jake. "She was my first friend since second grade."

"Oh yeah," Jake said.

"Mhm," Seth nodded.

"Do you still talk to her," Jake asked.

"Here and there," he said. "Not all the time anymore."

"Does she still live in New York?"

"Yeah, that's her home."

"Born and raised," Jake asked.

The Way I Love You {bxb}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara