Six

Chris Sturniolo
Waking up before the crack of dawn for lifting was horrible, but even worse I had to go to class after. Who wants to take a stupid art class anyway? Not me.

Walking into the lecture building, it was easy to find the class considering no one else was holding an eight am class on a Monday. The class was huge, but when I walked in, I was surprised.

The tiny brunette was sitting in the front row grabbing her class materials, but she didn't notice me yet. "Chris! Up here!" My head snapped up to see Peter, a guy on the team, yelling at me to take the seat near him. I nodded and stole one look at Madison.

She looks cute today.

"Good morning" Doctor Greene started as I made my way to my seat. She continued to talk about random crap. I just want to get this over with. I don't care about paining a picture. "Coach, was an ass this morning, wasn't he?"

I nodded. "Everyone needs to be careful going offside. I'm sick of running because someone is moving in formation"

"Sh!" A girl whispered from behind us.

Peter turned around and looked at her. "Do you know who you just shushed? Christopher Sturniolo. Don't do it again, Molly" I laughed my ass off as she looked down at her paper.

"That was overkill, dude" I said and turned around to Molly. "I'm sorry, ignore him"

Peter shrugged. "I don't let people sack you on the field, why would I let them talk crap during class?"

"I'm going to randomly select numbers for people, if you're matching numbers, that means it was meant to be and you have met your new class partner! Just remember, partners in college means that you both reflect on the grade you get. Teamwork makes you succeed"

Thank God. Hopefully I get paired with a freshman, who'd be so excited to my partner, she'll do all the work.

"Christopher Sturniolo and Madison Blake"

I groaned.

Why her? She's going to make me do all the work. At least she's pretty to look at.

"Okay! Class dismissed! Grab your syllabus and find your partner! Have a good day and I can't wait to see you for the class"

I looked down to where Madison sat, she was picking up her bag. "I'll catch you later, Peter" I said, grabbing my bag and walking down towards her.

"Hello, Madison. Beautiful morning, isn't it?" I looked down at her as I continued walking past. She looked very annoyed. Grabbing my syllabus, I walked out of the class and down the hall.

"Hey, asshole!" I turned around and laughed.

"Madison, if you wanted to come with me, you just had to ask" I smirked at her.

"That's not what I want now or ever. What I do want is a partner that wants to succeed in this class as much as I do. I can't afford to fail, it's my last class before my clinical rotations"

Oh, she was going to be a nurse?

"Hello? Are you even listening?" She asked and I nodded.

"I have a championship to win, so it looks like you'll be painting by yourself. Other than that, see you in class" I nodded and smiled at her as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"You can't do that!"

"I can do anything I want" I smirked, slowly turned around and walked away.