Ten

Chris Sturniolo

Another great morning for art class.

It was cold outside, not winter cold, but the wind and rain were annoying. Speaking of annoying- I was thrilled to see my favourite partner in the world.

Like Harry said. "Be nice to her"

Walking in, I found her in the back of the class. Giving fist bumps, I walked up the steps and smiled at everyone. Approaching her, I walk up the last few steps.

"Is this seat taken?" I asked, leaning on the table. Her eyes shook up to mine and I realised today wasn't the day to fuck with her. Her eyes were red, like she'd been crying.

She looked upset.

"It is, sorry" she said, giving me a blank stare.

I laughed. "By who?"

She nodded forward. "Kevin, isn't this your seat?"

Kevin shrugged. "I mean, it wasn't-"

I put my bag on the table and pulled out the chair next to her.

What's wrong with her today?

She grabbed her pencil and looked down at the notebook. Her left leg taps the ground as she waited for the class to start.

"Hey, Blake, what's wrong?"

No response.

"Madison, you can't ignore me forever"

No response.

Her leg starts tapping the ground even more. My right hand grabbed her exposed thigh and she stopped tapping. She grabbed my arm and shoved it away.

"First of all, don't touch me again. Second of all, nothing is wrong and third of all, I'm trying to pay attention to the class, because even thought you might not need it, I do"

Woah, easy girl.

I looked down at her notes, the doodles she drew represented everything she was feeling, I guess. The moon, the stars, and a question mark.

"So, today we'll go over some assignments that have to be completed. The first assignment is due by next class, it's easy. Write down a colour you think represents you, and why. Write a paragraph, have fun with it. Your midterm is to talk about your partners moods! And your final project is to be done with both partners, drawing each other aura" Dr Greene began.

Madison started tapping her leg again.

"Hey, what are you doing after class today? I was going to take a nap, but do you want to get ice cream and do our work together?" I asked her

In all honesty, I didn't care about this class or Madison. She intrigued me. She could be a good friend too. Harry is right, I just have to be nice.

"You want to do homework for the class you told me I'd be stuck doing all the work myself in? Are you kidding?"

Okay, fair.

"I'll buy you ice cream?" I urged, hoping she accepts so I can prove I am a nice person.

"You don't have to buy me anything. But yeah, we can do that. But no funny business, I have to pass this class-" She started but I cut her off

"Yes, you need to pass the class to get into the nursing clinical. I know, I hear you"

"You don't listen to me"

Well, this is going to be a fun ice cream trip and study date.

"Okay, everyone. I'll see you on Monday, remember your partners colour and why" Dr Greene said, dismissing the class. I grabbed my bag and looked down at Madison as she gathered her stuff.

"Chris! Are you going to that party later? I heard Holly wants to see you" Peter smirked, walking up the steps to me and I smirked back at him.

"Chloe wants to see me? Where's the party at?"

"Her sorority again. Did you see Olivia Glow throw up all over that guy while they were making out?" Peter laughed and Madison cleared her throat, making it known she was there and that he was talking about her best friend.

"She did, so what? Hey Chris, did you see a senior named Peter play the bench last game? Yeah, me too" Madison snapped back at him and Peter raised his eyebrows.

"Woah, Chris. Hold your bitch"

Woah

Not my bitch

And woah.

I grabbed a very pissed off Madison to keep her away from hitting Peter. Carrying her with my arms around the front of her waist down the stairs and out of the class got some funny looks, but nobody said anything.

"So, ice cream?" I asked, looking down at her.

"Nice people you hang out with" she said and I shrugged.

"He called you a bitch because you went after a sore subject, now let's move on" I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards my car.

"We aren't walking?"

I shook my head. "These legs are being drafted for millions. I'm not walking unless I have to. Plus, I can give you a tour of my car"

Madison shook her head, opened the car door and I shut the door for her.