6

M I ' A N G E L

Angel laid in her bed running her freshly done pink French tip acrylics in a sleeping Rae's hair. She was thinking about her and her baby daddy/Ex, Malik. Malik beat her multiple times till she was black and blue.

Sometimes he beat her so bad to the point where she went unconscious. She finally got away from him when Rae was 2 years old and now he's 4.

Rae remembers his dad a little, he also remember seeing his mom holler and scream for help. Even tho Rae was just a baby he understood that it wasn't a regular scream he knew his mom needed help but he didn't understand what to do. Nor could he help because he was just a baby.

Malik was good in the beginning he had his passive ways but Angel just looked over that, she didn't think nothing of it. The first time he hit her was the night before she found out she was pregnant. There was dishes in the sink and the house was a little messy.

Malik came home tipsy and he saw the mess and instantly went in their bedroom and woke Angel up and fussed her out. Angel was already having a bad day, she had a very long day and work and she was sick. So when Malik came in there yelling and cussing at her she fussed back.

Malik felt as if she was disrespecting him by talking back so he slapped her and he punched her.When  she started fighting back it was like a switch flipped off in his head and he blacked out and he over powered her. She just laid there while he kept hitting her. She cried and cried.

When he snapped back into reality he stopped and cried and apologized to her.

"I'm soo sorry baby, I- i don't know what happened I didn't mean too" he told her stuttering and crying. He got up and went into the bathroom and ran her some bath water, he put some epsom salt in the tub and made the water the ways he liked.

He went back into the bedroom and picked her up as she stayed still and silently cried. He carried her into their bathroom and undressed her and sat her in the tub and he climbed in behind her.

Angel stayed quiet as he washed her back and apologized.

"I'm not gonna do it again, I'm sorry Angel I am ma" Angel just nodded her head.

Angel wish that was the only time that he put his hands on her, but that was only the beginning.

Angel got snapped out of her thoughts by a random number calling her phone, she answered

"Hello?.."

"You thought you could  leave with my son, you really tried to get away from me Jadé? I'm coming back to get you and my son"

"Leave me alone" she said and she hung up and blocked the number.

(Y'all know that Tiktok song like "leave me aloneeeeeee?"💀💀💀)

Angel instantly texted the gc and told them to come over as her heart was beating fast. Rae wrapped his arms around his mom as if he knew she needed the hug and she calmed down.

"Cmon Rae Rae get up baby, we gotta get up" she told him.

——————-
Angel sat on the couch leaning on Mar shoulder. She had on some pink joggers and a white wife beater.