Ch. 17 The Revolving Cosmos, The Star of Genesis

"All right. Let's take attendance! Give a lively response!"

"Fujimaru Ritsuka-kun!"

"Yes!"

"Mash Kyrielight-chan!"

"Y-Yes!"

"Olga Marie Animusphere-chan!"

"Yeah, yeah..."

"Gil-kun!"

"Hmm."

"And me! Now let's begin the briefing!"

"...Um, Leonardo, let's not eliminate all the tension."

Romani muttered, exasperatedly trying to restore some seriousness to the briefing room that felt like a recreation area.

"If girls gather, it's bound to be noisy, right? You shouldn't completely get rid of the sense of crisis. Humor shouldn't be forgotten even in dire situations, you know?" Olga Marie explained.

"We're going to discuss something really important! It'd be nice if you all stayed focused! Can you say something too, King of Heroes?" Romani requested.

"Capriciousness is a privilege of kings and geniuses. It's the duty of common people to endure it."

"Darn it! Am I the only one who's normal here...!" Romani grumbled.

If Romani is truly relaxed, I should reprimand him. But perhaps, I should consider this as the genius's way of relaxing the atmosphere.

"Romani, let me explain," Olga Marie stepped forward.

"As the director, first of all, I want to thank you all. Master Ritsuka, Mash, and the King of Heroes, Gilgamesh. Thanks to your efforts, we have eliminated the singularity in Fuyuki. Really, thank you all."

"Everyone did their best, right? Mash, Gil?" Ritsuka asked.

"Yes, senpai!"

"Hmm, yes. So, has the situation improved? Are there any unclear points?" I inquired.

"Just a moment ago, Leonardo and I restored Chaldea, and we asked Romani to perform the observation. How is it?" Olga Marie explained.

"Yes, take a look here," Romani said.

Chaldea appeared, still burning red in the crimson blaze.

"Wow, it's as red as ever," Olga Marie remarked.

"The future after 2017 is still engulfed in flames. The stars have been burned to ashes, and the only place that survived is this observatory. The outside world is in the underworld as well..."

"Yes, please think of Chaldea as a floating colony in space. Once you step outside, it's a world of death. There's nothing connecting us to the outside. Everything has perished," Olga Marie explained.

"Romantic... in a way, but not really. There's nowhere else to go," I commented.

Whether it's her resilience or her strong will, she doesn't seem to be shaken.

...A remarkable Master. She has survived through life-threatening situations.

"So? Surely, you didn't just call me here to confirm the current situation. Tell me your plan," I said.

"You're too impatient. It's important to keep calm," Olga Marie retorted.

"Honor impatience, fool."

"Our plan! Romani, do you have a strategy?" Olga Marie asked.

"Of course! Take a look at this," Romani replied.

Chaldea, burning in crimson, reflected a shade of blue.