Chapter 001✧

Kim Su-jin walked quietly beside her husband, Kim Rok-soo. An eerie feeling had settled in her chest, and she instinctively hugged herself as if to ward off the cold tendrils of unease.

"I had a bad feeling about this," Su-jin mumbled, her voice barely audible, her words carried away by the wind.

Rok-soo turned his gaze towards her, his curiosity piqued. "Hm, what?" he inquired, his voice laced with concern.

Su-jin met his gaze, her eyes clouded with an unexplained dread. "I have a bad feeling today. It's as if I'm glimpsing the afterlife," she admitted, her voice quivering with uncertainty.

Rok-soo, normally the epitome of stoicism, shot her a piercing glare. "Stop saying useless things and focus," he ordered, his tone commanding.

But Su-jin couldn't shake the ominous sensation that gripped her. "But I feel it," she persisted, her words hanging in the air.

Rok-soo's patience wore thin, and he repeated himself with an even sterner glare. "No, stop saying that."

Su-jin sighed, her forehead glistening with sweat. Her husband's stern look was more intimidating than ever, given his usual stoic demeanor.

"Fine, fine, I'll stop," she relented, planting a tender kiss on Rok-soo's cheek. To her surprise, Rok-soo's ear turned a rosy shade, and she couldn't help but giggle at his unexpected reaction.

-After That-

Their brief moment was suddenly shattered as Su-jin found herself sprawled on the ground, her body soaked in a pool of crimson.

As searing pain coursed through her, Su-jin's thoughts raced. "I had a bad feeling today," she cursed herself, her voice a mere whisper. "And now, it's all coming true."

A monstrous creature materialized out of thin air, lunging towards Rok-soo with malicious intent. Su-jin, driven by an unyielding determination to protect her beloved husband, acted without hesitation. She sacrificed herself, shielding Rok-soo from the impending danger.

Rok-soo, shock and disbelief etched across his face, rushed to Su-jin's side. Cradling her fragile form in his arms, he looked down at her with, chaotic eyes.

"I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise to you," Su-jin choked out, blood trickling from her lips.

"Don't say anything," Rok-soo pleaded, his voice trembling as he gently patted Su-jin's head, desperate to hold back the tears.

Su-jin managed a faint smile, both of them realizing that time was slipping away. She had already lost too much blood, her life hanging by a thread.

Rok-soo felt as if he had forgotten how to breathe, the world around him spiraling into a bleak void. Su-jin's vision began to fade, but she summoned her remaining strength to utter her final words. "I love you, Rok-soo. Please, don't blame yourself... and live."

Su-jin's thoughts echoed with regret as her vision dimmed. "I'm sorry for leaving you alone and causing you more grief. I'm sorry..."

When Rok-soo heard those words, tears clouded his vision, and he called out to her desperately. "Su-jin? Su-jin?" But there was no response. Su-jin's voice had been silenced, leaving behind an agonizing emptiness.

Rok-soo, a broken man, forgot how to speak, how to live, as he cradled his beloved Su-jin, a piece of himself irrevocably lost in that moment. He felt the crushing weight of failure, once again unable to protect someone he loved dearly.

He wished it was a nightmare.

A dream.

But it wasnt