Chapter 004✧

As Diana continued to read her book in the carriage, Alex suddenly spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Young miss, have you heard the rumor?" Alex inquired.

Diana, momentarily distracted from her book, glanced at Alex, who was sitting opposite her. She shook her head and replied, "Rumors? No, I haven't."

Alex cleared her throat before continuing, "I heard that the representative of the Henituse family attending the noble meeting will be Cale Henituse, not Basen."

Diana maintained her outward composure, but her mind was racing.

She thought, "So I am in the trash count family. I'm glad. Cale is going, so that means the manhwa I read is going to happen. I want to meet Cale, who is Kim Rok Soo, my husband back then. But I don't want to change the flow of the manhwa. Even if I want to change some events, it will come at a cost.

It's like a butterfly effect; altering or interfering with certain plot points could have unforeseen consequences. I don't want that. Originally, the Everhart family didn't exist in the manhwa I read in my previous life.

It's kind of stressing me out. Am I even real in this world? Or am I just another character in a book that people are reading, like in my previous world? Just like how I read about the Trash Count's family, am I also a character?"
(diana breaking the 4th wall haha)

 Am I even real in this world? Or am I just another character in a book that people are reading, like in my previous world? Just like how I read about the Trash Count's family, am I also a character?"(diana breaking the 4th wall haha)

Alex, noticing Diana's momentary silence and contemplation, asked with concern, "Miss, are you okay?"

Diana snapped back to the present and replied, "I'm fine. I guess Cale Henituse will be going to the noble meeting."

Alex nodded in agreement and added, "I suppose so."

With that, a comfortable silence settled between them, and Diana returned to her reading

After hours of searching, Diana and her group finally found an inn in Viscount territory. The Everhart territory was close to both the Viscount and Henituse territories. Diana was relieved and spot a familiar old man who was the inn's owner.

Diana couldn't help but think, "Wait, isn't that the old man from the manhwa?" However, she noticed that there was no sign of the Henituse carriage yet. She reasoned that Cale hadn't arrived yet, which made sense since they had started their journey earlier than him.

Diana turned to her maid, Lisa, and said, "We will leave early tomorrow morning."

She thought, "Even though I want to meet Cale right now, it's not the right time yet."

The old man seemed nervous as he guided Diana and her party to their room. Diana understood his anxiety, knowing that many nobles often had arrogant attitudes. She touched the old man's shoulder gently and said, "Don't be nervous, sir. We're glad to have a comfortable place to rest. You deserve praise for your hard work."