Chapter 007✧

Next Day
As Diana and the others stood in front of the gate, Audrey waved enthusiastically and said, "I'll see you again in the capital!"

Diana sighed with a warm smile and gently patted Audrey's head. "Of course, I'll be waiting for you," she replied.

Audrey beamed with joy, and Lisa, already beside the driver in the carriage, smiled warmly. Jasmine and Alex stood behind Diana.

Turning to Audrey's parents, Diana expressed her gratitude. "Thank you, Uncle and Auntie," she said, her smile genuine.

Audrey's parents returned the smile, assuring her, "Don't worry, visit us again whenever you have time. You're always welcome."

With a final exchange of smiles, Diana boarded the carriage, with Alex following behind. Jasmine headed to the other carriage.

As the carriage started moving, Diana drew back the curtain on the window and saw Audrey's parents and Audrey still waving at her. She smiled and waved back at them, her heart warmed by their kindness.

As the scenery passed by, Diana's thoughts turned to Cale, who was set to obtain the second ancient power today. She whispered to herself, "I wish him good luck, even though I'm not there to witness it."

Her thoughts then drifted Yesterday, as Diana saw Cale, who was none other than Kim Rok Soo, a flood of emotions surged through her. She couldn't help but yearn to embrace him tightly, as if she'd been longing for that moment for eternity. The sensation of missing him was like a weight on her heart, a longing that gnawed at her very soul.

But amidst that longing, there was a profound sense of guilt that consumed her. Diana couldn't escape the remorse that came from leaving him behind in their first life. He had already endured so much pain, losing his friend back then, and she had selfishly added to his grief by disappearing. She had shattered the marriage vow they once held dear, and that guilt still haunted her to this day.