Chapter 008✧

Nex day

As the carriage continued its journey, Diana, as usual, was engrossed in her reading while Alex gazed out of the window. The silence was broken when Alex spoke up.

"Miss, I heard that Young Miss Thea Cyprus and Young Master Luke Cyprus are already waiting for you in the capital," he said.

Diana looked up from her book and responded, "I see."

Inwardly, she thought about her cousins. "I don't mind Thea; she's nice and not annoying like her twin brother, Luke, who can be quite insufferable. Well, they're family from my father's side."

Diana contemplated the possible reasons for their presence. "I guess Thea is attending the noble gathering as she's the heir of the Cyprus family, one of the central nobles. Unlike Luke, who's more interested in magic and isn't focused on inheriting."

By dawn, they had reached the capital, but before they could enter, some guards approached the carriage. They seemed to be having a conversation with Jasmine, Diana's personal knight.

One of the guards addressed Jasmine, "We need to verify the carriage."

Jasmine nodded and informed Diana, knocking on the carriage window. "Young Miss, the capital guards want to verify the carriage."

Diana slightly moved the curtain and looked at Alex for confirmation.

Alex nodded and slightly opened the door.

The guards, somewhat flustered by Diana's presence, began to inspect the carriage thoroughly.

Diana asked when they had finished, "Are you finished?"

The guards, momentarily distracted by Diana's beauty, hastily refocused on their task. "Yes, there's nothing wrong. Everything looks fine."

With that, the carriage doors closed, and they were on their way again.

Outside, the guards were clearly flustered, whispering among themselves. "Isn't that Diana Everhart? She's so beautiful. The rumors about her attending the nobles' gathering must be true!"