Chapter 005✧

The next morning, the carriage began its journey once again. Inside the carriage, Diana and Alex engaged in a casual conversation, discussing various topics

however, in the midst of their casual chatter, Alex suddenly asked a more personal question.

"Miss, if I may ask..." Alex began hesitantly, "do you have romantic feelings for someone?"

Diana was momentarily taken aback by the unexpected question but then smiled slightly and nodded. "Yes, I do have someone I like romantically."

Alex, taken aback by this revelation, couldn't believe that Diana had found someone to love. She had always seen Diana immersed in her paperwork, and she hadn't expected her to have time for romantic pursuits. Intrigued, Alex probed further, asking Diana to describe how she felt about this person.

"Miss, umm, how do you feel about this person, if it's okay to ask?" Alex inquired.

Diana gazed out of the carriage window for a moment, contemplating her feelings. Her voice quivered as she began to describe her emotions. "I like him more than I can put into words.

I admire his resilience, the way he keeps going even when life has been unkind. But what I love most is the way he makes me feel-like I'm seen, understood, and cherished in a way that no one else ever has."

As Diana spoke, she didn't notice how she'd opened up and shared her feelings so openly. She cleared her throat with a fake cough, her cheeks turning slightly red.

Alex, on the other hand, was thrilled to hear that her young miss had someone she cared about romantically. She was genuinely happy for Diana and thought it was wonderful that she was experiencing these emotions.

Alex smiled and said, "I'm delighted to hear that, young miss. I'm glad you have someone you like so much. I wish you the best." She gave Diana a thumbs-up, showing her support and excitement.

Diana chuckled, feeling a bit embarrassed by her candidness, but she appreciated Alex's support.

After their conversation, they settled into a comfortable silence, with Diana returning to her reading, and Alex smiling happily at the newfound knowledge about her young miss's romantic inclinations.

The afternoon sun bathed the Puzzle City in warm light as Diana's carriage finally arrived at their destination. Jasmine, Diana's personal knight, approached the carriage and knocked on the window to inform her that they had reached their destination.

Diana opened the curtain and saw the familiar surroundings of the Puzzle City. It had been a while since she had visited, and she couldn't help but smile at the memories it brought back.

"Okay," Diana replied as she prepared to disembark from the carriage. Alex was the first to step out, extending a hand to help Diana down, while Lisa followed closely behind.

Diana turned to Lisa and asked, "Are we staying here?" Her gaze drifted toward a nearby building.

Lisa nodded, confirming, "Yes, miss. We arrived before the Rock Tower Festival, so the rooms are fairly cheap, and they're also close to where Young Lady Audrey lives."

Diana acknowledged this with a nod. "I see. Let's go then."

Alex, carrying their bags, walked beside Diana as they made their way into the inn. After checking in and settling into their room, Diana took a quick shower and changed into fresh clothes. Lisa and Alex assisted her with these tasks.

Once Diana was ready, she turned to her loyal maids and asked, "Prepare a carriage. I'm going to visit my dear cousin."

Both Lisa and Alex bowed and replied, "Yes, young lady."