Quinze

[SAINT-TROPEZ]

Lou wasn't the biggest fan of the Côte d'Azur since she usually preferred holidays in the southwest of France. But she had to say that no matter where they were, holidays with the guys would always be fantastic.

Between renting a boat for the day, going out to the restaurant soon followed by clubs, or just going shopping, there was never a second which wasn't filled with laughter and the French girl loved every second of it.

Back in the rented house after a day on the boat, Lou heard a knock on her bedroom door as she got out of the shower. With her towel around her body, she asked out loud, "Who is it ?"

"It's Arthur" She opened the door a little, just enough that she could pass her head through.

"Hi" she smiled, her wet hair dripping on the floor.

"Oh I'm- I'm sorry Lou, I can come by later" he quickly answered, his face turning bright red. 

"No, no ! No worries Arthur, what do you want ?"

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to go out with me tonight. Earlier I saw this restaurant that seems really nice and I wanted to go with you"

"I'd love that" She had a soft smile on her face, "What time ?"

"I hmmm... I booked a table for 8 if that's okay for you..." he blushed when he said it out loud, sure she would make fun of him for already booking.

"So 7:30 in the hallway ?" she wondered. 

"That'd be perfect," he told her. 

"Perfect" She turned around to look at the clock, "It's already 6:30 so I'll start getting ready" She smiled.

Arthur nodded, still a bit flustered from their interaction. "Sounds good. Take your time, there's no rush."

Lou closed the door, her heart racing with a mixture of excitement and nerves. She hadn't expected Arthur to ask her out, especially not when it meant leaving their friends and openly go out together. As she dried her hair she was already thinking of an outfit to wear for the evening.

The French girl didn't have a clue about the type of restaurant Arthur booked. Was it very classy ? Was it something more chill ? Something typical from the Mediterranean Coast ? She settled on a simple yet elegant long sundress that captured the essence of the French Riviera. Something not too formal but could still look appropriate if it was a gastronomic restaurant.

The soft, light blue fabric was adorned with a delicate dark blue floral pattern, and she paired it with a pair of high-heeled beige espadrilles with a matching ribbon to tie around her ankles. She applied a light touch of makeup, emphasizing her features just enough to feel confident and put together.

When the clock struck 7:30, Lou grabbed her handbag and got down the stairs to the entrance of the house. Arthur waiting next to the front door, dressed in a casual yet polished attire that she recognised as being from her collection. He looked up from his phone and his face lit up as he saw her.

"You look stunning," he said, his voice filled with genuine admiration.

Lou felt her cheeks warm up. "Thank you. You clean up pretty well yourself," she teased. "I told you you looked good in these clothes". The British man decided to wear a light blue linen shirt  - perfectly matching her outfit - and some white linen shorts. 

Arthur chuckled. "Shall we head to the restaurant then?" he offered her his arm as he spotted the high heels she was wearing.

"Lead the way," she replied, placing her hand around his biceps to get a grip while walking in the city.