Six: Babydoll

Corvina Maxwell

I smiled at my book, it was perfect.

The big tatted man shoving her against a wall.

Hand on throat, other under her dress.

I found myself crossing my legs as I sipped my pumpkin spice chai.

It was early September but this was my season.

Fall and winter were the best.

I was in a coffee shop, this book making my ovaries implode.

I loved men. I love men. Good, fictional, hot men.

If Valerian was fictional and I didn't actually have to speak to him and be a mess, I'd adore him on paper.

But I have to talk to him because he is a real human and it threw me for a loop.

Like if I was the female mc of most books it's be the same case but I'm not.

I'm real. So I read scenarios that don't make me stutter like an idiot.

"Cor?" A hand tapped my shoulder and I looked up, smiling when I saw Caden from my literature class in college.

"It's been so long! Hi." I stood, hugging him.

"Mind if I join you?" He smiled, winking at me as he adjusted his cardigan.

"Not at all sit!"

"I miss you so much since you graduated last year." He groaned.

"I know."

"But you're doing so well! I saw instagram and magazines lined up of you and Mr. Daddy Ecstasy from yesterday." He smirked.

I sighed.

"Yes."

"Where's the tank top? Tell me you masturbated with it between your legs! Tell me you held it to your face and smelt him while doing something to your kitty meow meow-" he was basically moaning over Valerian.

"Woah, you and Jessie are so damn vulgar." I sipped my drink.

"Because you don't understand how fucking hot he is!" He basically yelled and I heard a low throat clearing sound.

I turned, Cadens eyes following, Valerian at the register with his drink as he stared at us.

"Oh shit." Caden whispered.

Peoples eyes followed him as he grabbed a seat from another table, spun it backwards and straddled it, setting his drink on our table, staring at me.

"You're so hot." He whispered to Valerian who seemed amused.

He looked at me, turning my cup to see my order.

"Why are you here? I thought you'd be busy-"

"I have a normal life. I like coffee shops and book stores." He murmured and Caden gasped.

"Your voice! I'm sorry but you're basically my online celebrity daddy. I'm telling her to fuck herself with your shirt but she's not listening and the only reason I'm saying this is because I will never get the chance to say things to you again." He said and I covered my face, so red.

My stomach pooled with the feeling of embarrassment.

But Valerian just laughed.

A small, quiet, simple laugh.

I felt his hand close around my wrist.

"Thank you." He whispered and Caden sighed.

"I love you enough to leave you two alone girl. Call me. Please. I need size and everything." He stood and left as Valerian pulled my hands from my face, bringing them to the table.