Seventeen: Top Tier

Corvina Maxwell

Her Outfit:

I sat in the back as they tuned their stuff, Valerian had his pick in his mouth

"You don't use those." I frowned.

He tossed it to me.

CCM

"Wasn't this the one I signed for a game in highschool?" I asked.

"Highschool for you, college for me. But yes." He told me.

"Do you know my middle name? How'd you know this was mine?" I asked.

"I knew everyone I went to school with. It was either Jessie's or yours but so many people said your name I knew. Corvina Maxwell. Middle name is Capri but I learned that three years ago." He told me.

"Damn." I whispered and Jessie came in with Tony.

Security came back.

"A few fans came to meet the band." He said and Val groaned.

"It's alright." I said and he took the pick, holding it between his teeth.

The band gathered, Jessie coming and sitting beside me on the piano.

"Val doesn't look too happy." She murmured.

I nodded.

The girls panicked, freaking out as Casey and Tony took over and immediately gave them hugs to make up for Valerians refusal and Hardens hesitation.

Valerian kept his hands behind his back, in his Jean pockets at the girls hugged them all, Valerian stiff but present.

He was trying not to be mean but they were definitely freaking out and his face expressed his discomfort.

They relaxed after a second, asking questions, about Jessie and I, about their music, their lives.

They all were respectful with their answers, Harden always keeping an eye on Val who stood there, hands hidden, pick bitten between his teeth, knees locking and unlocking.

There had to have been 15 of them plus 2 boys which both belonged to whoever two of the females but one was a drummer, the other a basic guy who probably just does tech work and was there for his girl.

Cute.

One of the girls walked up to me.

She was sweet, a small white dress, stockings.

"Hi, I'm sorry I just came to say you're so freaking pretty. I love your style too." She smiled.

I laughed.

"Thank you! Can I hug you? Is that alright?" I asked, hopping from the piano, looking at Val.

He studied me but nodded to my silent question.