Chapter Twenty-Eight

▪︎●▪︎

I turned fifteen.

Sara had me in a room to herself. I was on edge, my body stiff as a board.

She brought a razor and shaving cream and spread it across my legs. The sensation felt cool and almost relaxing. Only until she reached my thigh area did I stiffen again.

She dragged the razor across my skin, and the hair was completely gone. I wanted to touch it, to feel the smooth skin, but knew if I did, Sara would swat me.

After this was done, my hair was washed and straightened. I couldn't help but marvel how lovely it looked.

Then, makeup was expertly applied to my face. A brown powder on my eyelids and lower lashes, mascara, and a light pink blush on my cheeks.

I remember looking in the mirror and stunned by the difference. I looked older, somehow, and almost like a baby doll. Its big round eyes and circular lips. The round face, with red dashed across the cheeks.

I felt beautiful.

And then Sara appeared behind me.
"Drop your skirt."

My body stiffened, and my eyes widened.
Then she handed me the shaving cream and razor.
"Do as I did, but use a mirror." She nodded with her head towards the spot in between my legs.

Then she left, and I heaved a heavy sigh of relief.

I placed the items on the floor and slowly lowered my skirt and undergarment.

Slowly, I repeated the process Sara had.
Once it was done, I slipped on my bottoms again and left the little room, and followed the other girls to the dining hall.

As usual, I sat across from Clara, and when I looked at her, she was frightened. Worry plastered across her face and fear in her eyes.

At the time, I hadn't understood why she was so scared, only until I followed her into that upstairs room, did I finally understand.