Hurt

LEDGER:

It's been a few months since we started dating and now I can't imagine my life without her. She is fantastic. She actually made me fall in love. No one thought I could. She is my favorite person in the world. She helps me forget about all my problems. I could hold her forever. Till the day that I die.

____________________________________________

I walk downstairs, after getting ready, and see dad waiting for me in the kitchen. 

"Hi dad, I'm meeting Blair tonight, so don't make any dinner for me."

"We aren't having dinner son."

"Well I know, I'm going to be out."

"No, it's your engagement party tonight." Excuse me?

"But I'm dating Blair."

"She's not rich. She can't help you if you fall. You need someone to help you and keep you stable as you start your company."

"But dad you have taught me the value of money. Why are you arranging a marriage for me because of money?"

"That was to teach you that when you fall, you can look after yourself."

I can't believe this.

"No, I'm not marrying someone I don't know."

"That's the best part," my dad begins, I'm sorry but how is any of this good, "you're going to marry Isabella Campbell. You know her very well. Since you were toddlers."

"No I hate her so much."

"You marry her or I'm cutting you off."

"What.."

"That's right. You break up with Blair and marry Isabella or I'm cutting you off."

"You can't do that!"

"Oh but I can."

"Fine."

____________________________________________

BLAIR:

I am getting ready to hang out with Ledger. We are going to go to our spot in the woods. Its a cute little den in the leaves of a willow tree. Its so cute. I'm so excited. And tonight is our 3 month anniversary so we are going to a cute restaurant. Ledger bought me this red, silk dress on our 2 moth anniversary so I think I'll wear it tonight. But for now, I'm going to wear some flare jeans and a white tube top.

I start walking to the woods and texting Ledger. He's not responding.

____________________________________________

Ledger:

I can see my phone blow up with notifications from Blair but my dad is making me get a new suit so I can reply.

How do I tell her I can't make it tonight?

____________________________________________

Blair:

I get to our secret spot in the woods and I wait for him.

All my texts are left on delivered. 

Eventually the night came. Our dinner plans. I went home and changed into the gorgeous dress he gave me. It looks so pretty. I show my mom and she looks at me with tears in her eyes. She did my makeup for tonight. She used her old makeup since she doesn't wear it anymore. She keeps telling me how pretty I look. I love my mom so much. I help her to the living room because she wants to take pictures like she did for our one month and two month anniversary. 

An hour passes from when he was supposed to get here. I just tell my mom I'm going to see if somethings wrong.

"Okay honey, stay safe."

"Okay mom."

I walk to his mansion and there is a lot of people walking in. I just follow. I walk into the foyer of the house and I start looking for Ledger. 

Around 10 minutes of searching, I see Ledger's dad stood at the top of the grand staircase.

"Thank you, everyone, for coming on such short notice. I am proud to announce the happy couple on their engagement night. Isabella Campbell, daughter of Amelia Campbell and George Campbell and my son, Ledger."

I watch as Ledger and Isabella join his dad at the top of the staircase and Isabella clung to his arm like a pregnant snake. I watched in horror as tears, brighter than diamonds, stung my eyes. I couldn't not look at them. He placed a princess cut diamond ring very gently on her finger, as everyone clapped and cheered in happiness. 

I hate him.

____________________________________________

I catch Blairs teary eyes in the crowd. Mascara running down her rosy red cheeks. Anger and hurt enclosed her eyes. She stares at me. Isabella sees me staring at her as my eyes welled at the sight of her crying, Isabella nudges me in the stomach and walks us down to the foyer. I saw Blair run out of my house as she wiped her tears away. 

When the party commenced, I went to my room. I didn't want to talk to anyone, especially my dad. 

He was the kindest and a good father, teaching me to be grateful for the things I have. Today he betrayed me and made the one person I truly love run away from me.

I hate everyone.

But...

I love Blair.

____________________________________________

IDEA CREDS: Natalia509238