Broken Love

BLAIR:

I can't believe he's engaged. On our 3 month anniversary too. Why would he do this to me? And with Isabella too, my bully. 

I ran out of there, I couldn't stand there watching them get engaged. 

I get outside and I hear someone. Naomi. That's just great. I turned around to face her.

"Aw Blair. Heartbroken, are you? You know he never loved you. You were just a pawn in his game." Naomi teased me. I saw red. I slapped Naomi's smug smile off of her face and she looks back at me in shock.

"Naomi, back off. I already feel like shit so don't start with me. Talk to me again and I'll rip your gorgeous hair out." I say.

She just pouts her lips, turns around and goes back inside. What a bitch!

I ran home in tears. I walk through the front door and I see my mom on the couch. She turns around and her smile instantly drops.

"Honey, what's wrong?"

"He's engaged." My mum looks at me in confusion and I just run up to my room, slamming the door. I jump onto my bed and I cried into my pillow. 

A few hours later, I get up and stare at my tear soaked pillow. I forgot to wash my uniform for tomorrow. I have work tomorrow too. I'm quitting 'Campbell fashion' assistant. I can't work in a place where Ledger helped me get a month off work and it's his 'fiancée's' parents company. It's torture. I got up and sent my resignation email to Amelia Campbell. Then I sat at my desk crying. Again. 

I couldn't help but look at my phone case, knowing there's an opportunity. When me and Ledger started dating, it took the pain away. Now he's the cause of the pain. I sat against my closed door and pulled my dress up, revealing healed, white scars that covered my thighs. I cut. I really tried not to. It's difficult. The sting of the blade tearing my skin. It's a different feeling. It's like a drug. I can't stop. I hate it. I really hate it. But it takes the hurt in my heart away for a while. 

____________________________________________

AT SCHOOL:

I was in my English class and I see Ledger walk in with Isabella wrapped around his arm and her attention instantly became all mine. The massive smiled that went from cheek to cheek had a tint of evil and revenge in there. Like she had stolen something that was mine. She did. She looked like the Cheshire cat. 

"So Blair, what's it like being single and poor?" Isabella questioned me as my eyes betrayed me and started forming tears. 

"Shut up, Isabella," Rome said, looking pissed at Ledger about something.

"Why have you got to be such a bitch, Isabella?" Kai asked, also looking pissed at Ledger.

Ledger just stood there with his ice cold expression.

"Ledger babe, are you going to let your idiotic friends talk to your fiancée like that?" She said flaunting her ring in my direction. 

"Guys that's not nice, apologize to Isabella," Ledger said in his cold, monotone voice. Kai and Rome look so mad at him. 

"What's gotten into you?" They both question. Ledger stays quiet.

"Whatever." They both say and sit down.

What was Ledger's deal? He's being a jerk to all his friends.