Realizations

LEDGER:

I know I look bad. Yes my friends are right, Isabella is a bitch. I hate standing up for her but I don't have a choice. One wrong move and I'm cut off. I feel bad for Blair. Her eyes were red, like she had been crying all night. Oh... Shit! I hope she didn't hurt herself. Especially because of me. 

The whole school day, I had to follow Isabella around like a lost puppy, holding her handbag. It's so boring. I can't talk to my bestfriends or my love.

____________________________________________

A whole month has passed since I got engaged, I need Blair to see I didn't have a choice. Wait... I do have a choice. I have savings. I have a job. Who care if my dad cuts me off, I can be independent. What about Kai though? He is my step-brother. I'll figure something out. But for now. I have to make things right.

I go to my dad's office.

"Dad, this wedding with me and Isabella is not happening."

"Yes it is, or your cut off. Live on the streets for all I care."

"Fine. I'm putting my foot down. I am not going to marry Isabella. I don't love her, I never have. Just because I have known her since we were kids doesn't mean I'm in love with her. I love Blair."

"What do you know about love, you're 16."

"I know more than you. You don't know anything about love, it's all about money to you."

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! Pack your shit and GET OUT!!"

"FINE!"

I gather all my stuff: my savings, clothes, books, everything. I don't know where I'm going to go but I'll find a place. I text Kai and tell him what happened and he meets me in the foyer. He said he will tell his mom what happened later and he will sort something out. He's always there for me even when I'm being a dick.

I hug Kai and said I'm sorry and I leave my home. I think of a place I want to go to, a place where I am loved and a place that has the people I love. Blair's apartment. I head there straight away. I go to the landlord and used my savings to pay of her rent for a year and I head up to her door.

____________________________________________

BLAIR:

I hear a knock at the front door, I was about to go to sleep since I had a long night at the café and Ledger didn't come to work, wait a minute, that knock seems familiar. I open the door to see Ledger. 

"What do you want?" I ask in a tone of annoyance.

"Blair I'm sorry. I didn't want to get engaged. I don't even like Isabella. My dad was going to cut me off and I didn't have the passion to tell him no. I then realized that I love you and I don't care if my dad cuts me off or not, it's for you. Mi amour." ledger said all so quickly it was hard to take it all in. I kissed him. He kissed me back. My mom popped her head from the sofa and took a photo. What a weirdo! We all laugh.

"But Ledger, I'm sorry you can't stay with us, I'm struggling to keep me and my mom alive I don't know if I can keep all of us alive." I say trying to read his expression, he smiles.

"I paid your rent for a year so you won't have to, I can help pay for food so you won't starve and we go to the same job so it's all going to be fine."

We both go to my mom and give each other a big hug.