Chapter 12

I frowned. Special rewards always seemed to be a little late.

“What’s this new system?”

[You can receive points as you complete quests.]

“Collect points and use them to buy the items you need for scenario progress at the item shop.”

“Ugh, look at this jerk…”

Well, I guess you need these kinds of business transactions if you’re supposed to play a tycoon game. You might find yourself needing to buy items if necessary.

But… shouldn’t they have given it from the beginning?

[We have added some now!]

“Open it up.”

At that moment, the system window opened. I was really impressed by the game-like UI.

It was unrealistic, no matter how you looked at it. I was looking for an item that could increase my dance skills instantly.

[There’s no such item! You have to work hard to get there!]

What was I hoping for…?

I browsed through the items. Except for a few, it was empty, and the phrase “Updating” was written. I wasn’t expecting much to begin with.

The only thing that caught my eye was one item.

[Relax your heart completely.

Points: 300p]

It wouldn’t be bad to buy it just in case. It’s not something I would use, though.

I turned off the item window while pondering. I didn’t have any points anyway.

“Will I receive points from now when I do the quests?”

[Yes!]

Okay. That’s good enough.

I memorized the items in the item window and slowly headed to the practice room. I can only hope that the day will come when I can use them.

***

“Ta-da, ta-da, ta-da-da!”

“Oh, ugh…”

“It’s not ta-da, it’s ta-da-da, Hoyun!”

“Ta-da-da… What’s that?”

“How do you do that?”

Seong Jiwon ended up being a more challenging teacher than I anticipated. The person standing before me was not the same person who said he would give up when we first met.

After a meeting with the planning team, we practiced for six hours straight. These kids didn’t even think about leaving, even though it was almost 11 pm.

“This is weird, hyung… I know I’ve memorized it, but why can’t I do it?”

“Hyung, can we take a break?”

Jeong Dajun asked, but I shook my head. The system window kept popping up in response to Seong Jiwon ‘s tough coaching.

[Dance +1]

[Dance +1]

[Dance +0.5]

[Dance +0.4]

[Dance +0.2]

[Dance +0.01]

I didn’t know why it was decreasing, but damn. At least it was somehow increasing.

Kim Seonghyeon casually threw a water bottle at me as I struggled to stand up. I clumsily caught it, causing Kim Seonghyeon to drop on the practice room floor.