Chapter 105

– Min Jiheon: Congrats

As expected.

– Me: ㅗ

After quickly replying, I turned my head towards my manager.

“I’ll be back after meeting with Min Jiheon-sunbae.”

“Min Jiheon?”

“Yes, we got pretty close during the shooting. He said we should grab a cup of coffee now that the final shoot is over.”

We really did get close. At this, my manager seemed to regard me proudly rather than finding it strange.

“That’s great! It’s good when people from the same agency get along.”

“…We really are close.”

Close enough for me to occasionally wish I could send Min Jiheon to hell.

As I got off near the cafe Min Jiheon had suggested, I saw him in a corner, sipping coffee with a tired face.

He had apparently rented out the entire cafe, which is why there wasn’t even a single employee in sight.

As I plopped down opposite Min Jiheon, there was already a frappuccino that he had ordered for me.

“Hello.”

“…What is it?”

“Ah, just…I’m tired….”

His usually buoyant mood seemed deflated. I understood his mood when I saw a script severely creased and stretched across the table.

Even the skilled Yu Jia was having a hard time these days because of the emotional lines in the drama. I couldn’t imagine how tough it was for Min Jiheon.

“You’ve successfully finished your first drama shoot. Congrats.”

“Thanks. Heard you’re quite popular in China and Japan.”

“Haha, it doesn’t feel real yet.”

Min Jiheon’s popularity skyrocketed with this drama. He already had a huge fan base not only in Korea but also overseas. Now, I heard he could command any price he wanted in China… But let’s talk about that later.

“That’s enough small talk with sunbae.”

I took off my hat and asked him,

“Did you hear?”

“About the ratings?”

“Yeah, 18 percent. That’s the number you mentioned.”

Min Jiheon crunched the leftover ice cubes from his finished coffee into his mouth.

“Yeah. I thought it would be around that.”

What a frightening guy. At this rate, I was starting to think it might have been better to just stay low-keyed.

“Then, you should give me answers.”

“Wasn’t there one more condition?”

Min Jiheon had set two conditions for me.

The ratings would hit 18 percent, and I would act better than Lee Kangseok.

I stroked my chin.

“I will act better than Lee Kangseok.”

It was already done.

He’s no match.

His controversy heated up thanks to the leaked recording. Since Lee Kangseok had left the drama and the already filmed scenes, excluding the broadcasted ones, were being re-filmed with another actor, there was no one to compare me with.