Chapter 50

“Seo Hoyun.”

I arrived at the PD’s editing room, where I occasionally visited. Kim Heeyeon looked surprisingly well today. No, she was actually more radiant than ever. I approached her as she waved with a wide smile.

“PD, you were looking for me.”

“Yes, yes. Sit down here. I’m sorry! I know you’re busy with practice, but I had to call you to this shabby, dusty, and crappy place.”

“No, it’s fine. PD, do you want to drink this?”

I offered her the Americano I had bought in advance. Kim Heeyeon looked at it with a slightly perplexed expression. She hated plain Americanos the most. I quickly added.

“It’s a triple-shot.”

“…Now, I’m starting to get scared. Are you a shaman?”

“Ha ha ha.”

Americano with triple-shot was Kim Heeyeon’s favorite.

“Thank you. I’ll drink it well.”

She reached for it, and I started sipping my caramel frappuccino. Kim Heeyeon looked at me strangely.

“Why?”

“By your looks, I thought you’d drink espresso.”

“I like sweet things.”

“I see…”

As we sat down, I saw Kim Heeyeon busily editing the final episode’s VCR footage. Even though she could have left this task to one of her assistants, her personality shone through here.

“Ah, seriously. I’m dying right now editing this and taking out Today.”

“But the program is still continuing.”

“Yes, well, Today’s agency has no time to care about us now. And because Shining Star is doing so well, their agency can’t even beg us to stop, even if they want to give us a wad of cash. Our station director will just laugh at them.”

Kim Heeyeon shook her head with a bitter smile.

I had seen the tvK station director a few times too. To put it nicely, he was a practical man; to put it badly, he was a money-grubber.

“Well, it worked out. I didn’t know taking such revenge would be so refreshing. I heard there was a paparazzi involved.”

“Yes…”

I did it but didn’t feel like correcting her, so I just stayed silent. Kim Heeyeon didn’t need to know anyway.

Kim Heeyeon stared at the screen with an indifferent expression, clicking her mouse.

“Well, let’s cut the small talk. The main point is… I have a question.”

“Yes, what is it?”

She asked me without looking away from the screen or skipping a beat.

“Did you do it?”

Wow….

“What do you mean?”

“Stop pretending you don’t know. Did you, Hoyun, stab Today?”

I stared at Kim Heeyeon. Her expression was calm, but she seemed a bit tense.

Is she recording this?

It was possible. If this conversation were to be leaked, I wouldn’t be able to escape easily.