Chapter 53

Kang Ichae and Lim Hyeonsu exchanged flashy high-five like those seen in the so-called hip scene, and then they began to talk about something I didn’t know.

“When did you two become so close?”

“Wow, look at that!”

“Oh no, we’re late, we’re late.”

They threw jokes at each other and giggled… They were inseparable, inseparable indeed. Lim Hyeonsu clicked her tongue.

“During Shining Star, I took Kang Ichae as my first disciple.”

“Ah, yes…”

I wasn’t interested. As I nodded with a bored face, Kang Ichae shyly covered his blushing cheeks with both hands.

“Are you jealous?”

Of course, I ignored him.

I led the remaining members, who were still huddled together, to the sofa and brought up the main topic.

“We need to revise our title track.”

“What about the money?”

“How about a talent donation?”

“Do you want to die?”

After scolding him once, Lim Hyeonsu trembled as if memories of being bullied in the past came flooding back. I shrugged my shoulders and handed her a piece of paper.

“This is the contract. Write your bank account number here. Please write your desired amount in the memo section.”

“…!”

Lim Hyeonsu’s eyes widened in surprise. Then she gasped and touched her forehead as if she was shocked.

“…Ah, shit. Did I just get surprised because Seo Hoyun said he’d give me money?”

“….”

“Even a blue toad has turned over….”[1]

Yeah, just hurry up and sign the contract.

As I silently crossed my arms and stared at her, Lim Hyeonsu continuously muttered curses while slowly writing the contract. Jeong Dajun, next to her, looked puzzled.

“Huh? Money? I thought it was a given….”

“Let’s get started.”

I handed him some candy in a flash and told him to be quiet.

“Alright, let’s listen to it again.”

This album was another single.

It was only natural. There’s no time to make a full album with multiple tracks.

Lim Hyeonsu played the song that was scheduled to be the next title track. Jeong Dajun hummed the same tune he had hummed on the V-Live. It was good as it is, but…

It has to be better.

That’s right.

The next song must be amazing.

After Shining Star reached number one, our group received numerous requests to appear on various entertainment shows thanks to our increased popularity and recognition. Honestly, we wanted to participate in all of them, but there was no time to accept every request. Even though we had to choose from our schedule, the priority was still our comeback.

Since we had to reject so many entertainment shows, our song had to be even better.

“How about mixing just the chorus part of the second verse like this… What do you think?”