Chapter 125

“Arghhh!!!”

As darkness enveloped the space, the only thing that could be seen on the screen was the phrase, “The Dawn.” Naturally, the cheers from the fans followed. Amidst the colorful glow of various fandom lightsticks, a bright blue triangular lightstick stood out distinctly.

Then, as the stage lights mixed purple and blue hues, casting an enigmatic glow, the members of The Dawn, gathered in the center, appeared on screen.

All the members bowed their heads, but then Seong Jiwon slowly lifted his microphone.

Normally, an overture would have played first.

“In this vast universe, I met the miracle that is you.”

“Ah!! ‘Kismet’!”

For the year-end stage, The Dawn skipped the overture and instead opened with Seong Jiwon’s soft yet clear voice singing ‘Kismet.’ It was their final competition song for Shining Star, a song that had skyrocketed their group’s popularity, prompting everyone to say, “These guys are good.”

It was a song dedicated to Kim Seonghyeon.

“Ah, let’s go!!”

The high school senior Noeul, having become a fan of Kim Seonghyeon after watching Shining Star, was so excited that she absentmindedly threw her cushion.

“Kismet” usually started with a grand overture, but hearing it begin solely with Seong Jiwon’s voice made it feel even more poignant.

[Jiwon’s angelic entrance, holy shit]

[Let’s establish the nation of Seong Jiwon]

“Enchanted, I reach out my hand.”

Soon, a gentle piano melody filled the air. As Seong Jiwon slowly lowered his hand and bowed his head, Kim Seonghyeon, who had been standing back-to-back with him, turned around, touched his in-ear microphone, and began to sing.

“But I’m too small.”

When Kim Seonghyeon, “Kismet’s” biggest beneficiary, appeared, an even louder cheer erupted from the TV speakers. Instead of his usual bold and refreshing voice, he spoke in a whisper.

“But you told me that I can be a star.”

Perhaps because it was a song about his own story, it meshed unbelievably well with him, even without the grand overture.

As the poignant piano bass prelude continued, Kim Seonghyeon tilted his chin up, narrowed his eyes, took a breath, and then playfully grinned at the camera.

“Right?”

Tadadadak!

Boom, boom, boom!

With a sizzling sound, like crackling electricity, the lights flashed on and off.

When Kim Seonghyeon spoke, the soft piano prelude was abruptly replaced with a pop-electronic melody. The blue screen was then struck by white lightning.

[Wow, wow, it feels like a concert, is this a concert?]

[The fact that Kang Ichae made this drives me crazy

└How could Ichae produce such quality after only studying for a few week, ha?

└└Wasn’t that media play?!]

Everyone was excited to see “Kismet’s” stage after a long time. But something else was making the fans even happier.

[Damn, the kids’ hairstyles and makeup are insane todayㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ]