Chapter 27- Big Game

Thank you so much for the votes and I would like to say hello to my new fans!!! Please continue to read and support this story. 

____________________________________________________________________

Chapter 27- Big Game

*Trish’s POV*

Josh is really shivering a lot and I tried to gather all the comforter and blankets to wrap him and make him feel warm. I asked one of the maids to look after him for a while, while I cook some chicken soup for him. When I finished cooking the soup, I saw Josh was already better. He was not shivering anymore and he was fine already.

I moved closer to him and I asked him to sit. I helped him and I placed a big pillow behind his back. He looked so weak now. I slowly carried the bowl of chicken soup and blow it. I don’t want him to drink this yet. It was still very hot. I got some soup and then blew it before feeding it to him.

He followed my orders and he drank his medicine too. His lips were redder now unlike a while ago. It was really pale. I tried to touch his forehead and I could feel the fever subsiding. He grabbed my hand and holds it softly. He asked me to sit down.

“Thanks.” He whispered.

“It’s nothing. It’s my fault anyway, but you should have not given me your shirt.”

“It’s okay. If I didn’t do that, you might be the one who’s going to get sick.” He said.

Why does he care so much for me? I don’t deserve this. He takes this deal too seriously.

“You know, no one cared for me when I was sick before. My father was never home. You were the first one who every worried or even took care of me when I was sick. Thank you. I really appreciate that.” He said honestly.

I just smiled and moved closer to him.

“I’m your friend. Of course, I’ll do anything for you.” I said while hugging him. I could feel his arms around me.

“Thank you again.”

******

It has been weeks since Josh was sick. He wasn’t able to attend a few basketball practices but he was able to catch up last two weeks ago. People were nicer to me when we came back to school. No one dared to treat me unfairly and no one dared to call me coffee girl anymore. Nathan and I were okay. Alexis on the other hand, was still a bitch; but who cares.

Staying at Josh’s house was a little common for me now. I got used to that set up. I got used to waking Josh up every morning and vice versa. We have become closer. I really enjoyed his company now.

Today is the big game. Our school basketball team, the Winford Eagles would be fighting against the Hampshire Wolves. As of now, we still have ten minutes left; and the Wolves are leading by five points. I could see Josh telling his team mates what to do and where to go. He was really a great leader if you are going to look at him.

Both teams continued to play and I could see Josh and Nathan were really tired already. They have been running around the court for quite a long time already. Apparently, there were the best players and their coach didn’t want them to stay out of the game.

I was in the very front seat since I’m Josh’s girlfriend. It was common for the jock’s girlfriend to stay in front. Alexis and some of her friends were supposed to be sitting with me, but jocks usually dates cheerleaders so most of them were cheering for them. I think I’m the only girlfriend who wasn’t a cheerleader.

I saw Josh dribbling the ball and running towards their court. The opponents were trying to get the ball but Josh was very good. He was able to shoot another ball. I stood up and shout his name to cheer him up. I did that for Nathan too but not too loud. I don’t want others to think of something.

Josh and I had this deal that if he wins this competition, I need to attend his after party. Actually he didn’t have to make that deal. I would definitely come to support him. He's my boyfriend and people would wonder if I won’t be there; so, he said that if he will shoot the final ball, I should give him a prize. I kind of agree. We are really good friends now and we are really spending a lot of time together lately. Surprisingly, seeing Nathan and Alexis doesn’t hurt that much anymore; but it doesn’t change the fact that I’m in love with my best friend, Nathan.

I could see Josh winking at me and stealing some glances while playing the game. I couldn’t help but laugh. I never thought we would become good friends. Alexis and Nathan were spending a lot of time too. Alexis was also preparing for her mother’s wedding so most of the time she’s missing in action.

I can’t believe this, two days from now; Josh and Alexis will officially become brothers and sisters. After this game, the whole team might have an after party at our house tomorrow night and Josh, Alexis, and I will have to prepare for the wedding the next day. My mom promised to help me with my make-up and clothes.

I missed her so much. She just came back from her business trip. According to her, she had already prepared my dress for the wedding. I’m glad that I could spend some time with my mother before Mr. Carter’s wedding. Nathan will be the one to fetch me and drive me to the wedding venue because Josh and Alexis needs to be on the venue earlier.

I slowly moved back to my senses and noticed that there was only one minute left and the Wolves were leading by two points. I could see Nathan and the others were not happy already because they only have one minute to get the ball from the Wolves and the only chance to surpass their score was a three-point shot. Unluckily, the ball’s with the Wolves. Everyone was starting to worry already, even I was worrying. I want out team to win, but Josh didn’t seem to be bothered by score. In fact, he was smiling at me.

He called for a time out and approached me. Everyone inside the gym had their eyes on me. I feel so embarrass right now. Josh approached me and then he said, “You are going to give me that prize if I shoot the last ball, right?” he asked.

I just smiled and nodded. “Of course, a promise is a promise; but you have to win.”

He just smirked.

“You don’t have to tell me that. I don’t have to win. I WILL WIN, and you will give me a prize.” He said boastfully.

I smiled knowing that his confidence was the best thing we need in situations like this. When the game started everyone was watching very intently on what was going to happen. Josh and Nathan were trying to get the ball from the other player. There was only fifteen seconds left…

Josh immediately grabbed the ball and dribbled it towards their court. I was already jumping up and down because of panic. I kept on shouting at Josh to hurry up. Everyone was shouting too. Before Josh shoots the winning ball, he turned around to wink at me and then he shoots the final ball.

I felt like my world just stopped when the ball was in the air. Everyone had their eyes on the ball. If the ball will enter the basket, our team will definitely win! We heard the buzzer and we waited for the ball to reach the court. And then, SHOOT!

We won! We actually won! Josh was able to shoot a three-point shot! I immediately ran towards him and hugged him. I was literally jumping for joy!

“You won!”

“Yup. I told you I will, and I am looking forward to that prize!” he shouted. The noise inside the gym was giving us the hard time to talk.

Josh’s teammates carried him inside the locker room and I also congratulated Nathan. I waited for Josh to come outside so that we can go back home already. I saw him smiling widely when he came out of the locker room.

“Looks like we’ll have a party tomorrow night.” He said while pulling me closer to him.

__________________________________________________________________________________

 I'm sorry for the short chapter but I promise to upload tomorrow if I reached one of my goals...Wanna know What's the prize of Josh from Trish? Help me reach at least one of my goals!